does Martin talk to the student body any?

joevol320

this guy seems non existent when it comes to marketing this years vols with the student body and with the regular fans. Is this how most coaches act towards the student body? with bp being the exception?

sorry, thought i was in the basketball forum.

I don't think most coaches go out and hold impromptu pep rallies like CBP. That was part of who he was. There are plenty of successful coaches that are as reserved as Martin. I think it just stands out because we went from one extreme to the other so quickly.

Reactions: 1 person
As long as he's not shouting down frat houses ala Zookie
Posted via VolNation Mobile

this guy seems non existent when it comes to marketing this years vols with the student body and with the regular fans. Is this how most coaches act towards the student body? with bp being the exception?

sorry, thought i was in the basketball forum.

Unfortunately Bruce was just the exception. I miss Bruce.

It would be pretty hard to fire up the student body and fan base with a team that is 3-6 and can't beat mid-major teams. He needs time and some better players---wins will sell the program---not showboating.

It would be pretty hard to fire up the student body and fan base with a team that is 3-6 and can't beat mid-major teams. He needs time and some better players---wins will sell the program---not showboating.

You are starting to seem alot less confident than you were at the beginning of the year. Give it another year and you will be chanting "Bruce 2014/2015".

You are starting to seem alot less confident than you were at the beginning of the year. Give it another year and you will be chanting "Bruce 2014/2015".

You are correct about my confidence level, but very wrong about the Pearl return.:)

Cuonzo has been able to mimic Pat Summitt's scowl pretty well, but not her coaching ability.

You are correct about my confidence level, but very wrong about the Pearl return.:)

Yeah, but a month ago you were calling me an idiot for even suggesting that Cuonzo would be terrible. You are already seeing that light. Give it another year and you will be wearing a BRING BRUCE BACK t-shirt. Oh, it's coming.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, but a month ago you were calling me an idiot for even suggesting that Cuonzo would be terrible. You are already seeing that light. Give it another year and you will be wearing a BRING BRUCE BACK t-shirt. Oh, it's coming.

I'm sure he was calling you an idiot for other reasons...

Reactions: 4 people
His job is to win games--not market.

Maybe you should go on down to H T Hackney and let their VP of Marketing sell you some chicken patties in bulk.

Reactions: 2 people
We are entering the Wade Houston Era part # 2 or the Buzz Peterson Era part # 2.
Coach Zo will get three seasons and by then Hart will have enough contacts in the coaching ranks to have Zo's replacement.

Look on the bright side. We're at the bottom of the SEC right now, so there's nowhere to go but up.

His job is to win games--not market.

Maybe you should go on down to H T Hackney and let their VP of Marketing sell you some chicken patties in bulk.

If his job is to win games. Maybe he should call Hackney
to see if there are any more openings.

It's every coach's job to market their team. Why do you think they have speaking engagements, call into talk shows, and make public appearances?

But frankly, Martin doesn't need to do any marketing until he wins some games.

It's every coach's job to market their team. Why do you think they have speaking engagements, call into talk shows, and make public appearances?

But frankly, Martin doesn't need to do any marketing until he wins some games.

I agree, he will not boost the Big Orange Caravan attendance.

Y did we not go after Lon Kruger....a proven coach at illinois and unlv and some NBA experience as a head coach for thee hawks

One would think that at a $1+ million/year the coach could do both and walk and chew gum at the same time.

VN Store

Back