These NEXT 4 games will be critical.

Dougie_D

CCM and the Vols have 4 straight home games against mediocre opponents.

If we only win 2, then yes...we are probably in a really bad spot and something will have to be fixed.

Give this team a little time to adjust to their surroundings.

The fix is to let the coach recruit to his scheme,damn here we go again! Pearl lost to C of C at home last year,tough mid major.

yeah, if we don't win all 4 of these games, we are in for a very long season. even with those wins, i can't see u t winning more than 3 or 4 con games. that would put us finishing out at about 10 -21.

Next four games critical Dougie? Critical for what? Whether or not we get to 10 wins?

Bad spot? Ha. Ya think?

This team is going not going to the post season, and will fight it out for last place in the SEC.

We knew this would be a tough year, just hate to admit that it would be this tough. Gotta give some time, hard since the same can be said about football.

The fix is to let the coach recruit to his scheme,damn here we go again! Pearl lost to C of C at home last year,tough mid major.

Is it out of the question to desire that Martin adjust his scheme this year to his personnel?

Obviously, the players on this roster are not great at half-court defense; however, they are still athletic enough to press (they actually demonstrated that at the end of the game last night, unfortunately, it was too late).

Good coaches adjust to their teams' strengths and weaknesses; thus far, Martin has not shown his ability to do so (nor has he even shown a desire to do so).

Play uptempo defense; make sure that on every offensive set Maymon that does not end in a lay-up Maymon touches the ball at least once in the post. Force opposing teams to double Maymon (Maymon should be able to destroy a zone) and then take advantage of the openings that such attention creates.

I have not seen this out of Martin's game-plan nor his team.

Reactions: 1 person
I want Coach Zo to win - back him 100%. But at this point there don't appear to be a core group of leaders that know how to play BB together as a unit. He needs to shorten his bench. He is also trying to get guys to play his system instead of fitting the system to his guys' abilities. As a result this team does not have a clue what it's identity is.

So I doubt that they win the next 4 games as they do not know how to win as a team. They only know how to lose as individuals.

Which is also why the football team stunk this past season.

These next for games are gonna decide if we are mediocre bad (buzz years) or all time bad (Wade Houston's final year).

Buzz Martin should be able to beat mid major teams with what he has. I don't expect greatness yet but we should get wins over mid major teams. Especially after having leads in the first half. These Dooley half time speeches are killing us.

Next four games critical Dougie? Critical for what? Whether or not we get to 10 wins?

Bad spot? Ha. Ya think?

This team is going not going to the post season, and will fight it out for last place in the SEC.

Wow last place in football and basketball. If that is not a reflection on how bad an AD Hamilton was then I don't know what it would be.

I thought this team was a 12-14 win team before the season. I thought they played over their heads in Maui and was hoping they could finish over .500. Now we know that they are what we thought they were. A mediocre team on their best day. They still should finish close to 12 wins, but that is about it in my opinion.

I have never seen a team be so shallow when it comes to mental toughness. Every game there is a strech in the second half when a team makes a run and Golden starts throwing up junk and the team you can see just goes away like a turtle crawling into it's shell. Teams will make runs we just have to be tougher and we are not. CCM lets Golden shoot way too much IMO.

in the bud as Barney Fife used to say.Coaches who use that crutch should be given one warning, then on second offense, out the door immediately.
Are tickets free in these year "zeroes"? The Ath Dept should pay for seat fillers.

Never thought I'd see the day that a game against ETSU would be called 'critical'

Maybe if we go 2-2 in this stretch we can get a bid to the weblowbutstillgettoplayinapathetictournament.com tournament

I have never seen a team be so shallow when it comes to mental toughness. Every game there is a strech in the second half when a team makes a run and Golden starts throwing up junk and the team you can see just goes away like a turtle crawling into it's shell. Teams will make runs we just have to be tougher and we are not. CCM lets Golden shoot way too much IMO.

You pegged it with that last sentence. A lot of these losses could have been wins if we had a coach.

Is it out of the question to desire that Martin adjust his scheme this year to his personnel?

Obviously, the players on this roster are not great at half-court defense; however, they are still athletic enough to press (they actually demonstrated that at the end of the game last night, unfortunately, it was too late).

Good coaches adjust to their teams' strengths and weaknesses; thus far, Martin has not shown his ability to do so (nor has he even shown a desire to do so).

Play uptempo defense; make sure that on every offensive set Maymon that does not end in a lay-up Maymon touches the ball at least once in the post. Force opposing teams to double Maymon (Maymon should be able to destroy a zone) and then take advantage of the openings that such attention creates.

I have not seen this out of Martin's game-plan nor his team.
What? Opposing teams aren't ever going to double Maymon. He has enormous offensive issues.

We play uptempo and run at most opportunities because we have no ability to go to the paint and draw fouls. Road scoring is going to blow because there isn't a fix in sight.

A lousy year in football followed by a lousy year in basketball.
What are the baseball team's prospects?

VN Store

Back