Can Anyone on this team Shoot?

1982Alum

9 for 29 from 3 point range! How can a coach let his team throw up that many 3's when you are going 9 for 29? Martin does not have control of his team.

Uh, Bruce Pearl did this all the time. Okie State 2009 comes to mind.

This team has sone shooters. Unfortunately they are inconsistent and streaky. Just something they will have to work on and get better at.

Uh, Bruce Pearl did this all the time. Okie State 2009 comes to mind.

Still one of the worst basketball experiences I can think of. Not because of the game itself as much as the fact I missed the entire second half because Red Robin decided Spongebob was more exciting than the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: 1 person
Still one of the worst basketball experiences I can think of. Not because of the game itself as much as the fact I missed the entire second half because Red Robin decided Spongebob was more exciting than the NCAA Tournament.

:eek:lol:

That day, I declared I would never step foot in a Red Robin again. Not that I would anyway, because the food kinda sucked and there's far superior options available.

Both those teams actually hit the 3's though. That is the point, if you can hit them, take them. We can't hit them at all.

We haven't had a shooter since Lofton and JaJuan. Oftentimes they bailed out our halfcourt O.

And we were 11-33 that game. 60% of our shots were threes.

Not a huge supporter of Martin, but IMO we have been pretty good offensively. On the other hand, defensively we would be better with 5 Dane Bradshaws.

In the end, they were right. For Tennessee....

McRae and McBee. Golden sucks.

Not into bashing players so this isnt a bash...BUT, Trae Golden is absolutely killing us...He does not appreciate a possession and turns the ball over at crucial times quite often....hopefully he will mature...and whats up with the alleyhoop at the end when we desperately needed a basket...cant remember if he did that or not but it just killed us...and that silly little attempted pass by Cam and then the run out at the other end is totally against smart basketball....

Not into bashing players so this isnt a bash...BUT, Trae Golden is absolutely killing us...He does not appreciate a possession and turns the ball over at crucial times quite often....hopefully he will mature...and whats up with the alleyhoop at the end when we desperately needed a basket...cant remember if he did that or not but it just killed us...and that silly little attempted pass by Cam and then the run out at the other end is totally against smart basketball....

I believe that was in fact Mr. Golden on the alleyhoop.

I believe that was in fact Mr. Golden on the alleyhoop.

It was and even if Hall catches that pass, which is a huge if for him, there was nothing he could have done with it. I know CCM says Washpun isn't getting PT bc he doesn't know the offense that well, but he is a better defender than Golden and surely wouldn't be making as many poor decisions.

Miller was 6-8 in 13 minutes and we benched him. Maybe high percentage shooting isn't what we want.

We need a shooter bad on this team because teams can play zone when needed without the threat of getting shot out of it.

Miller was 6-8 in 13 minutes and we benched him. Maybe high percentage shooting isn't what we want.

When he wouldn't put Miller back in it made me think of
Bobby Cox manager of the Brave's because the more home runs Ryan Klesko hit the more bench time he got. Sad.

Good basketball teams have good basketball players, not just good athletes. UT has athletes, not basketball players...see Duke etal.

VN Store

Back