Lets take a look at the Hoosiers.

colvol

CTC's First 3 years they won around 8,10, and 15 games. Pretty bad start, but now they just beat the number 1 team in the Nation, they are undefeated, and they have the number 2 recruiting class this year. You need to have patience guys. Coach Martin is going to take our program to good places. The fact that he is looking like he will land Jarnell Stokes is insane. Give it time, good things will happen.

Reactions: 1 person
I am curious/excited to see what we will look like when conference games roll around.

CTC's First 3 years they won around 8,10, and 15 games. Pretty bad start, but now they just beat the number 1 team in the Nation, they are undefeated, and they have the number 2 recruiting class this year. You need to have patience guys. Coach Martin is going to take our program to good places. The fact that he is looking like he will land Jarnell Stokes is insane. Give it time, good things will happen.
I am afraid having a lousy start does not mean you have a good coach or that you will be an elite team. What CTM did or did not do at Indiana has no bearing on Tennessee.

Yeah and can't blame coach Martin for that.

Yes you can. Hall shouldn't have played after the first 5 minutes of the game. Miller should have started the 2nd half. Good coaches roll with it when it's going. He iced his own man. You have to go to him early to see if it's still on. Miller didn't see the court, and Hall stunk it up.

I'm also assuming Wash was hurt or something.

Tom Crean's resume without Dwayne Wade was above average.

No, it wasn't. In 9 seasons at Marquette, 6 of which were in Conference USA):

- made three NIT's and went out in the 1st round twice

- made 5 NCAA's, with THREE 1st round exits, one second round exit, and the final four that he rode Wade to.

- No postseason at all in 3 seasons in Hoosierville.

There are plenty of mid-major coaches with that resume, minus the one final four. I would call it average.

Crean didnt have a kid on the bench over 6'5 when he came in. He didnt build IU from the ground, they were 6ft under.

UT has enough talent to where they shouldnt have problems with Austin Peay or C of C.

Situations are completely different. UT is a regular in the Tournament over last 6 years while IU stunk. Also, Tom Cream is one of the best coaches in America and was proven already. Would love to have Cream here..wishful thinking.

Great post. Im a SR at Indiana and I've had to sit through those 3 awful yrs here in Bloomington. Zo and Crean walked into horrible situations where they had to try and find decent enough players in year 1 that were willing to lose tons of games and try to rebuild a program. Not many star prospects are willing to play for a program that is in the rebuilding stage. Its gonna take a few years before we see some real progress. Deal with it. It sucks but its what has to happen before we're dominating the East/SEC again.

Because Tennessee and Indiana are even remotely comparable in basketball? I like Martin and I believe he will do good things later, but Indiana is the wrong place to look.

Yes you can. Hall shouldn't have played after the first 5 minutes of the game. Miller should have started the 2nd half. Good coaches roll with it when it's going. He iced his own man. You have to go to him early to see if it's still on. Miller didn't see the court, and Hall stunk it up.

solid

This is more of what I am seeing. We don't appear well coached. Half time and in game adjustments - missing. Instructions to the team during the game - not so much. I am concerned that this is starting to look like Buzz Peterson - Wade Houston caliber coaching and cause for concern. Add to that the awful freshman class that was brought in - color me not sold. I was hopeful that we would see a lot of improvement as the year progressed but that is looking less likely every game we play. Here's to hoping we see improvement on the court as well as on the bench.

Because Tennessee and Indiana are even remotely comparable in basketball? I like Martin and I believe he will do good things later, but Indiana is the wrong place to look.

+1
Comparing a program that has never been to a final four to a program that has won 5 national titles, had an undefeated season and that sold out it's arena every single night even when IU was 6-20 isn't really logical. UT will be lucky to get TBA halfway full as the season progresses

+1
Comparing a program that has never been to a final four to a program that has won 5 national titles, had an undefeated season and that sold out it's arena every single night even when IU was 6-20 isn't really logical. UT will be lucky to get TBA halfway full as the season progresses

TC was a top five coach before IU hired him. There is no comparison b/w coaches either.

No, it wasn't. In 9 seasons at Marquette, 6 of which were in Conference USA):

- made three NIT's and went out in the 1st round twice

- made 5 NCAA's, with THREE 1st round exits, one second round exit, and the final four that he rode Wade to.

- No postseason at all in 3 seasons in Hoosierville.

There are plenty of mid-major coaches with that resume, minus the one final four. I would call it average.

I started reading, and I was confused. But then I see you downgraded him more to average. I agree wholeheartedly. I do think he is a good coach, but his record without Wade is very subpar.

Crean didnt have a kid on the bench over 6'5 when he came in. He didnt build IU from the ground, they were 6ft under.

UT has enough talent to where they shouldnt have problems with Austin Peay or C of C.

You implying that Loyola MD had more talent than Crean when they beat the Hoosiers at home in 2010?

VN Store

Back