pearl player evaluations=kiffin player evaluations

umm how many did Lane Kiffin miss on? Janzen Jackson = good. Tyler Bray = good. Are you counting off the field trouble as misses?

It would probably help if they had coaches that knew what they were doing.

Agree. Would have helped the team if Pearl didn't waste scholarships on Kenny Hall, Skylar McBee, Renaldo Woolridge, Cam Tatum, and Trae Golden.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree. Would have helped the team if Pearl didn't waste scholarships on Kenny Hall, Skylar McBee, Renaldo Woolridge, Cam Tatum, and Trae Golden.

You know this team has the talent to win a lot of games.
Pearl didn't bench Miller when he was hot. Pearl didn't
refuse to go to the zone for a couple of minutes to cool
off C of C when they were on a run. Martins in over his head and he can't swim. You guys making excuses will not make a coach out of him.

Reactions: 1 person
Please enlighten me when Pearl went to a zone to win a game. Why can't there be people on here that support both BP and CM? I don't understand. BP is a great Volunteer but it won't help using him now to discuss this team!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

off C of C when they were on a run. Martins in over his head and he can't swim. You guys making excuses will not make a coach out of him.

You are clearly a fraud seeing as you do not really know the Vols. Martin can probably swim better than you too.

These players can win SOME games playing the the style Pearl played. I would say mayble only a couple on the current roster are actually able to play the style of game CCM wants. THey simply don't have the basketball IQ or the mental drive to committ to defense like he wants. The players are good, the coaches are good, they just aren't mixing together IMO.

Lots of misses.

Yep seems like for every Harris or Chism there were about 4 or so Tony Passleys. And there's not been a decent PG at UT since CJ Watson, although Ramar Smith wasn't bad and might have improved if not for a few minor run-ins with the law. :)

Yeah, I really miss how Pearl went with the Zone so often to slow a run by the other team. His Zone defense was awesome. :eek:lol:

Maybe some of you should just accept that we hired a crappy coach. That's ok, we will have Bruce back in a couple of years.

The old "we will have Bruce back in couple of years" is apparently never going to die. Sad that you folks can't accept that that will never happen.

No, that was just the team that made the deepest run. Didn't hurt that he got lucky enough to play a 14 seed in the 2nd round instead of a 3 seed.

What an arse you are. I guess we were just too lucky in 98 also. Probably didn't deserve that national championship.

What an arse you are. I guess we were just too lucky in 98 also. Probably didn't deserve that national championship.

well, yeah, had stoerner not fumbled, had there not been a questionable call vs cuse, had al wilson never been born....it was luck man!

VN Store

Back