Tennessee is Completely Out of Shape

1982Alum

They don't move their feet at all by the 2nd half. This leads to poor defense and the rout is on! This is a 6-8 win team we are watching. Just horrid. This is not a bad game but rather a bad team.

Reactions: 2 people
They don't move their feet at all by the 2nd half. This leads to poor defense and the rout is on! This is a 6-8 win team we are watching. Just horrid. This is not a bad game but rather a bad team.

This staff is out of their league.....and Kenny Hall makes me want to pour water on my F'n. 60" t.v.

I agree and that's a major coaching responsibility, to make sure his team is in shape. Cuonzo is off to a pathetic start as a coach here. He just ain't getting it done.
Pitt, Mempiss, and Dukie are understandable, but losses to Oakland, Peay, and Charleston are inexcusable.

Didn't we lose to C of C last year with Pearl as coach and had Hopkins and Harris. This team is what it is. There was no good players left for Martin to coach.

Idk if its bc they are out of shape or not but we for sure cant play man to man.Mayman is about the only one thats pretty good at.So how long does it take the staff to try some zone?

I wouldn't say that this team is out of shape... one thing that Cuonzo does more than Pearl is work his players a HELL of a lot harder. Martin's practices are war - they work. That being said, we do look slow, and do not rotate at all on defense in the second half

Didn't we lose to C of C last year with Pearl as coach and had Hopkins and Harris. This team is what it is. There was no good players left for Martin to coach.

This is a joke, they lost Harris but this years starting 5 are heavily recruited players. Who cares about Hopkins, single most frustrating player ever here!

one thing that Cuonzo does more than Pearl is work his players a HELL of a lot harder. Martin's practices are war - they work.

So do the players leave it all out on the practice floor? Maybe they should leave a little in the tank for the games?

I wouldn't say that this team is out of shape... one thing that Cuonzo does more than Pearl is work his players a HELL of a lot harder. Martin's practices are war - they work. That being said, we do look slow, and do not rotate at all on defense in the second half

This is accurate.

I think they look slow because they are slow. McBee, Golden and Maymon are all a step slow for their position. And while Hall appears to have the physical tools he is a trainwreck above the shoulders. They also don't seem to be able to anticipate well on defense. There have been some less than quick players do well on defense because they anticipated or scouted their opponents well. Chris Lofton and Dane Bradshaw come to mind.

VN Store

Back