The Official Tennessee - College of Charleston Game Thread, 9pm EST, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 3-5

vs.

College of Charleston Cougars: 7-1

Coverage: ESPN2
9:00 PM ET, December 14, 2011
TD Bank Arena, Charleston, SC

Early start to this thread

Holy $@^) 7-1? Any actual teams among those 7? Will this be a repeat of last year, or was AP the stupid early season loss for us this year?

I think they beat Clemson earlier this year, but I don't know how good Clemson is.

They killed us last year. I never saw a team shoot so good from 3 pt land. To top it off, it was the after the MCB and I was at both games.

We could be in some trouble. Gotta play well and hope for an off night from them. These mid majors fans rock the house for tv games. They dont take them for granted. If we don't come out like gang busters we could get rolled.

We could be in some trouble. Gotta play well and hope for an off night from them. These mid majors fans rock the house for tv games. They dont take them for granted. If we don't come out like gang busters we could get rolled.

"We could be in trouble" Yes, I feel that the Wade Houston Era #2, has officially began.

They killed us last year. I never saw a team shoot so good from 3 pt land. To top it off, it was the after the MCB and I was at both games.
Coming off an embarrassing loss this time.
Should see the real TN tonite.
Crossing my fingers and Stoked for Stokes.

Early start to this thread

Holy $@^) 7-1? Any actual teams among those 7? Will this be a repeat of last year, or was AP the stupid early season loss for us this year?

I'm going to the game so I'm excited.

what happened to you're old avatar?

Hard to say how good this Charleston team is, best win's are Clemson and UMass, loss was to Central Florida who then beat UCONN.

Lost the best shooter in the country (Andrew Goudelock) who was responsible for most of the perimeter shots against yall last year. Team is young, but scrappy. Pretty good inside presence, with Baru and Wiedeman. Wiggins is a wild card, plays well some nights, throws up some awful shots from behind the arc too...Ball handling is pretty good, and we force a lot of turnovers. Atmosphere will be loud! I'll be on the floor for the game.

CoC usually has strong teams. Not surprised that UT is the underdog at all

We gettin a win today.

tumblr_llo4jbQDj51qcw55d.gif

Hopefully Martin received his wake-up call as well and they all show up in the COC game.

I think the loss to AP is what we needed to beat COC, I think all of our returners will remember last year and not want it to happen again...

Hate to say it, but I don't see the bottom-dweller in the SEC beating Charleston at home. It's going to be a l-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-g, hard season. So far, I see no reason to believe Cuonzo isn't going to be the second-coming of Wade Houston or Buzz Peterson.

Last edited:
I want to see more of this motion offense attacking, and less of late, high, pick and rolls with Trae. I watched a little of the last game on dvr with a little bit of fast forward. The players motions on the floor in the offense mimic a pattern. You can see it even more on ff. Problem is, most of the motion is too far away from the basket. It doesn't matter how much motion you have, if it's all occuring so far out and you are not a threat to score or penetrate.
This team is set up for drives and kicks. They need to create more dribble penetration and less panic once they get there.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back