Good News on Stokes

alumvol08

I have lived in Memphis the past three years. During this time, I've been fortunate enough to become close with several individuals within the UM athletic department and basketball program. I was eating dinner tonight at Gus's Chicken with one of my contacts, which is an excellant choice if you're ever in town, and he gave me some great news regarding the Stokes recruitment. Stokes has been very open about his intentions with the Memphis coaching staff throughout this process. Earlier this fall, most on the staff felt that Stokes was on the verge of committing. However, over the course of the past month (especially after the TSSAA's decision to declare Stokes ineligible for this year) Stokes has been wavering on signing with the Tigers. Tonight, my source told me that he believed after speaking with Stokes that Stokes was headed to UT unless something drastic happened in the next week.

I've never had any inside information, nor have I claimed to have any information until now. Additionally, I don't really care whether you chose to believe me. I don't know if Stokes will end up here, but I can say for a fact that the UM staff feels that this is one that is going to get away.

Reactions: 6 people
Also, my source believes that Stokes will be announcing within the next couple weeks if everything goes as Stokes hopes.

Guys the word on the street here in Memphis is Stokes is about a done deal to UT. (Just the word on the street, thought I would share).

Great news!
If y'all ever come to dfw...Babes' chicken is incredible...rivals Gus' chicken, believe it or not.

UM's coaches would be shocked right now if he wasn't at UT in January.
This seems to be the trending news all over the internet as well, but recruiting is a crap shoot, until they are either enrolled or signed. Would be a very good get for CCM w/o a doubt.

Even Easterwood has cooled on Stokes being a lock for the tigers.

Monumental in the fact that top talent might start paying attention. Maybe start a bandwagon effect for great prospects.

VN Store

Back