Coach Pearl is a Volunteer

snapcracklepop

I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Annual Weigel's Family Christmas program this past Saturday at the Salvation Army. Weigels sponsors needy kids each year and buses them from the Salvation Army to the Kmart on Broadway to spend $150 on anything they want for Christmas. When I arrived at the Salvation army at 7:45 AM, there stood Bruce shaking hands and mingling among the children. When I arrived at Kmart at 9AM, Bruce was there ready to help a child shop for Christmas gifts. When I left at 12PM, Bruce was still there! As far as I can see, this man has absolutely no alterier motives for doing these things. He does things like this very often! I hope Cuonzo succeeds, and I like him. However, Bruce is still the man and he is a TRUE VOLUNTEER!!!

P.S. It really sucked watching us lose to PEAY after rubbing shoulders with Bruce all morning. I really wish I could 4get Bruce ever coached here because it still stings!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
All the props to Pearl for his work with charities. He is a very special person. But his days at UT are done. We need to just move on and support Martin during these early difficult years.

Reactions: 6 people
I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Annual Weigel's Family Christmas program this past Saturday at the Salvation Army. Weigels sponsors needy kids each year and buses them from the Salvation Army to the Kmart on Broadway to spend $150 on anything they want for Christmas. When I arrived at the Salvation army at 7:45 AM, there stood Bruce shaking hands and mingling among the children. When I arrived at Kmart at 9AM, Bruce was there ready to help a child shop for Christmas gifts. When I left at 12PM, Bruce was still there! As far as I can see, this man has absolutely no alterier motives for doing these things. He does things like this very often! I hope Cuanzo succeeds, and I like him. However, Bruce is still the man and he is a TRUE VOLUNTEER!!!

P.S. It really sucked watching us lose to PEAY after rubbing shoulders with Bruce all morning. I really wish I could 4get Bruce ever coached here because it still stings!!!

+1

Reactions: 5 people
Bruce would still be our coach if he just didn't lie. He brought upon himself. I just hope he doesn't land a job in the SEC. I wish him the best. He is a great coach and love to have him back. It will not happen though.

All the props to Pearl for his work with charities. He is a very special person. But his days at UT are done. We need to just move on and support Martin during these early difficult years.

I'm all for supporting Martin, but if it don't work out...and if Pearl is still on the market...I would not complain at all.

Reactions: 5 people
Bruce would still be our coach if he just didn't lie. He brought upon himself. I just hope he doesn't land a job in the SEC. I wish him the best. He is a great coach and love to have him back. It will not happen though.

At first, I thought it could and would never happen, but I really think it could get interesting if Martin is fired after year three. I think Bruce would love to come back and repay the Vol Nation for his mishaps. Who know if Hart would hire him? I am sure that stranger things have happened.

Reactions: 1 person
At first, I thought it could and would never happen, but I really think it could get interesting if Martin is fired after year three. I think Bruce would love to come back and repay the Vol Nation for his mishaps. Who know if Hart would hire him? I am sure that stranger things have happened.

This is just a fantasy by all the Pearlites. How many coaches have gone back to a school after getting fired? Especially when they were fired for violating NCAA rules and then getting a show cause slapped on you.

Bruce is not coming back. Bruce will not be in the SEC.

Is it that hard to understand? The people who can't let go are starting to look a lot like the Fulmer-for-AD idiot crowd.

Reactions: 2 people
Show cause is the kiss of death. I would be surprised if he ever made it back into collegiate coaching.

Reactions: 1 person
Bruce is a great coach but got to support Martin now. I will pull for Bruce wherever he ends up. Unless we play them

This is just a fantasy by all the Pearlites. How many coaches have gone back to a school after getting fired? Especially when they were fired for violating NCAA rules and then getting a show cause slapped on you.

Only one so far. If you read an article on espn then you
will we fans here are not the only ones who think Pearl
will be picked up by a major college. Hope its us.

knowthevols... are you being serious? There is absolutely NO way he will be hired here again. Save this post for a crow thread that will never be...

knowthevols... are you being serious? There is absolutely NO way he will be hired here again. Save this post for a crow thread that will never be...

He's just obviously trolling. Either that or he is extremely stupid.

VN Store

Back