Most of you all are the ones who are jokes...

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
I had a feeling this was going to happen.

5 games in Martin is our savior and we could really make a run in the SEC we could upset UK, Florida, blah blah blah..

12 games in - now Martin is a joke and were already talking about who Hart is going to hire in to be the next ball coach.

To me, this game is just vintage UT. Most of the time we play poorly against poor teams. We did it under Bruce Pearl, and now we're doing it under Martin.

Some of you need to step back and ask yourself if youre putting a little too much weight into coaching. The players have to show up. The players at some point have to get in a huddle and someone has to say "Okay guys, stop doing stupid **** and lets play our game. These guys can't beat us if we play like we are capable and make good decisions." Problem is I dont know if this team has a leader like that.

Reactions: 4 people

5 games in Martin is our savior and we could really make a run in the SEC we could upset UK, Florida, blah blah blah..

12 games in - now Martin is a joke and were already talking about who Hart is going to hire in to be the next ball coach.

To me, this game is just vintage UT. Most of the time we play poorly against poor teams. We did it under Bruce Pearl, and now we're doing it under Martin.

Some of you need to step back and ask yourself if youre putting a little too much weight into coaching. The players have to show up. The players at some point have to get in a huddle and someone has to say "Okay guys, stop doing stupid **** and lets play our game. These guys can't beat us if we play like we are capable and make good decisions." Problem is I dont know if this team has a leader like that.

You see what I meant when I said most of the posters don't know anything about BB. It is a coaches responsibility to get a team ready to play. I also diagree that most of the time we played poorly against poor teams under The Pearl. Most of the time we blew them out on a few occasions TN did play down to the competition.

Reactions: 1 person
So true my vol friend i said the same thing already same goes for football too.a coach can only get the players and tellcthem what plays to run.But ultimatly its up to the players to exacute.We here on volnation knew before dooley got hired that it would take three or four years to turn program around. And we all knew it would take martin a few years.but in dooleys first year the vols basicly were injury free and went to a bowl game.then this year the vols had more talent but less experience and many injuries and brutal scedual.And went 5 and 6 and alot of people forgot it was supposed to take three or four years and want a coaching change.And for martin the vols played close games in maui and people stopped thinking of the vols as a bad team.and they started talking about going to ncaa tourney and being one of the best five or six in sec. and saying vols would win 20 + and win 10 sec games.and now three losses in a row one being at oakland who won in knoxville last year. and now to austin peay at home and no doubt some people want a new coach already.And in recruiting if a recruit likes the vols he is nfl caliber. and when he picks another team or just dont like ut its we didnt want him or he wasnt an sec caliber player or this guy is way better than him anyways.I know alot of these posters who say these thing are young kids but there is no excuse for some on volnation.There are alot of opionions but everyone knows what they say about them.opionions are like a-- h--ls everybody has one.which is okay.We all get to excieted or get down by every post on here and they are just opionions.except for a few that are real solid posters and there are some who post some good mixed in with a little crap.There are too many people that post that they know something when they dont know any more than i do.I know what i see on this site and on espn and rivals and scout.But some people believe everything they read and all it does is cause confusion because they post it as they heard it somewhere and therfore it must be true.so let the both coaches coach and quit wishing we had other coaches because we have dooley and martin.if you want to believe post look for oci and skeeter you never here them getting crazy about things. and jmo too there may be others but i dont know who and where.

Total loser bullsh--. If a guy can coach it shows from the first game in most cases. This team is definitely going backwards.

Reactions: 2 people
Έτσι, αληθινός φίλος μου vol είπα το ίδιο πράγμα ήδη ίδιο ισχύει και για too.a προπονητής ποδοσφαίρου μπορεί να πάρει μόνο τους παίκτες και tellcthem τι παίζει με run.But ο τελικός του μέχρι οι παίκτες να exacute.We εδώ για volnation ήξερε πριν Dooley πήρε προσέλαβε ότι θα χρειαστούν τρία ή τέσσερα χρόνια να γυρίσει γύρω από το πρόγραμμα. Και όλοι γνωρίζαμε ότι θα αναλάβει ο Martin μερικά years.but dooleys στο πρώτο έτος της τόμοι βασικά ήταν τραυματισμό δωρεάν και πήγε σε ένα μπολ game.then φέτος το τόμοι είχαν περισσότερο ταλέντο, αλλά λιγότερη εμπειρία και πολλούς τραυματισμούς και βάναυση scedual.And πήγε 5 και 6 και πολλοί άνθρωποι ξέχασαν ότι έπρεπε να ληφθούν τρία ή τέσσερα χρόνια και θέλουν μια change.And προπόνηση Martin για το τόμοι έπαιξε κοντά παιχνίδια στο Maui και ο κόσμος σταμάτησε να σκέφτεται το τόμοι ως μια κακή team.and άρχισαν να μιλούν για Θα τουρνουά NCAA και είναι ένα από τα καλύτερα πέντε ή έξι σε sec. και λέγοντας τόμοι θα κερδίσει 20 + και να κερδίσει 10 δευτερόλεπτα παιχνίδια και τώρα τρεις απώλειες σε μια γραμμή που στο Όκλαντ ο οποίος κέρδισε στο Knoxville πέρυσι. και τώρα σε Austin Peay στο σπίτι και χωρίς αμφιβολία μερικοί άνθρωποι θέλουν ένα νέο already.And προπονητής στην πρόσληψη αν ένας προσλάβει αρέσει η τόμοι είναι NFL διαμετρήματος. και όταν επιλέγει μια άλλη ομάδα ή απλά dont όπως ut του που δεν τον θέλουν ή δεν ήταν ένας παίκτης διαμετρήματος sec ή αυτός ο τύπος είναι ακόμα καλύτερα από ό, τι τον γνωρίζει anyways.I πολλές από αυτές τις αφίσες που λένε αυτά που λένε τα μικρά παιδιά, αλλά δεν υπάρχει δικαιολογία για μερικούς σε volnation.There είναι πολλά opionions, αλλά ο καθένας ξέρει τι λένε για them.opionions είναι σαν ένα - h - Είναι ο καθένας έχει one.which είναι okay.We όλα τα πάρει για να excieted ή κατεβείτε από κάθε θέση με εδώ και είναι ακριβώς opionions.except για μερικά που είναι πραγματικά στερεά αφίσες και υπάρχουν μερικοί που μετά κάποια καλά ανακατεμένο με λίγο crap.There είναι πάρα πολλοί άνθρωποι που μετά ότι γνωρίζουν κάτι, όταν δεν ξέρουν κάτι περισσότερο από i do.I ξέρετε τι βλέπω σε αυτό το site και στο ESPN και αντιπάλους και scout.But μερικοί άνθρωποι πιστεύουν ό, τι διαβάζουν και το μόνο που κάνει είναι να προκαλέσει σύγχυση, επειδή το μήνυμα που θα το ακούσει κάπου και therfore πρέπει να αφήσουμε true.so τα δύο προπονητές προπονητής και κλείστε επιθυμούν είχαμε άλλους προπονητές, επειδή έχουμε Dooley και martin.if θέλετε να πιστεύετε δούμε μετά για OCI και Skeeter ποτέ εδώ να τους πάρει τρελός για τα πράγματα. και JMO πάρα πολύ μπορεί να υπάρχουν άλλοι, αλλά i dont ξέρει ποιον και που.

absolutely no interest in reading one massive wall of text.

might as well be greek.

Reactions: 6 people

Well since the coach really has nothing to do with how well a team performs, hell lets just fire all our coaches and find us some leaders on the team. Why are all of these schools spending millions of dollars on coaches. DUH. How long did it take Saban to turn around Alabama?

Reactions: 1 person
You see what I meant when I said most of the posters don't know anything about BB. It is a coaches responsibility to get a team ready to play. I also diagree that most of the time we played poorly against poor teams under The Pearl. Most of the time we blew them out on a few occasions TN did play down to the competition.

Players are not robots. Believe it or not some players dont always do exactly what the coaches tell them is best for them. They are human you know. Its hard to get up for games like AP in an early Saturday game right before Christmas break.

Even more to the point how long did it take The Pearl to turn around a joke of a basketball program to on that could compete with the best teams in the nation and beat a slew of them. That because he could coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Well since the coach really has nothing to do with how well a team performs, hell lets just fire all our coaches and find us some leaders on the team. Why are all of these schools spending millions of dollars on coaches. DUH. How long did it take Saban to turn around Alabama?

Sorry I dont recall ever saying the coach has nothing to do with how well a team plays. Please do not put words in my mouth to try to make me look stupid, you're the one who looks stupid.

Coaches spend millions on coaches partly because their name alone brings big time future NFL stars. Remember Saban's first year before he had all those NFL players? 7-6 I believe.

See any future NBA lottery picks on this team? Hell, how many NBA players are on this team period? Maybe 1?

Last edited:

Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in his first year at Alabama and went 7-6. By your logic that one bad loss doomed him to failure.

Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in his first year at Alabama and went 7-6. By your logic that one bad loss doomed him to failure.

I'm not "anti-Martin", but the difference is Saban had already won a NC by the time he got to Bama, you knew what he could do.

Martin is an unknown.

This is what happens when you make the "risky, up and coming" hire, quick skepticism.

Yeah, that guy they call "Coach K" is soooooo overrated

Even more to the point how long did it take The Pearl to turn around a joke of a basketball program to on that could compete with the best teams in the nation and beat a slew of them. That because he could coach.

Different circumstances. When a coach inherits a team that has known nothing but failure (Pearl and his first team) the players are more likely to buy into what the new coach says because they have nothing to lose. When a coach follows a successful coach, the team will have the "we did it differently last year and succeeded" mindset, so it'll be more difficult for the coach to get the players to do all he wants. Good example is Kentucky after they fired Tubby.

The leader is the coach. Good assessment of him.

So true my vol friend i said the same thing already same goes for football too.a coach can only get the players and tellcthem what plays to run.But ultimatly its up to the players to exacute.We here on volnation knew before dooley got hired that it would take three or four years to turn program around. And we all knew it would take martin a few years.but in dooleys first year the vols basicly were injury free and went to a bowl game.then this year the vols had more talent but less experience and many injuries and brutal scedual.And went 5 and 6 and alot of people forgot it was supposed to take three or four years and want a coaching change.And for martin the vols played close games in maui and people stopped thinking of the vols as a bad team.and they started talking about going to ncaa tourney and being one of the best five or six in sec. and saying vols would win 20 + and win 10 sec games.and now three losses in a row one being at oakland who won in knoxville last year. and now to austin peay at home and no doubt some people want a new coach already.And in recruiting if a recruit likes the vols he is nfl caliber. and when he picks another team or just dont like ut its we didnt want him or he wasnt an sec caliber player or this guy is way better than him anyways.I know alot of these posters who say these thing are young kids but there is no excuse for some on volnation.There are alot of opionions but everyone knows what they say about them.opionions are like a-- h--ls everybody has one.which is okay.We all get to excieted or get down by every post on here and they are just opionions.except for a few that are real solid posters and there are some who post some good mixed in with a little crap.There are too many people that post that they know something when they dont know any more than i do.I know what i see on this site and on espn and rivals and scout.But some people believe everything they read and all it does is cause confusion because they post it as they heard it somewhere and therfore it must be true.so let the both coaches coach and quit wishing we had other coaches because we have dooley and martin.if you want to believe post look for oci and skeeter you never here them getting crazy about things. and jmo too there may be others but i dont know who and where.

When posting opinion-laced diatribes like this, paragraphs are a good idea. No one is going to read this wall of dribble without them, myself included.

Different circumstances. When a coach inherits a team that has known nothing but failure (Pearl and his first team) the players are more likely to buy into what the new coach says because they have nothing to lose. When a coach follows a successful coach, the team will have the "we did it differently last year and succeeded" mindset, so it'll be more difficult for the coach to get the players to do all he wants. Good example is Kentucky after they fired Tubby.

That is the trouble with most CCM slurpers. Tubby resigned for the job at minnesota.

I agree it's too early to say "Martin can't coach, blah, blah, blah...". However, it is a little disconcerting that defense is supposedly his "specialty" and all we have heard is how hard his teams will play on defense. What I have seen so far is really poor defense, guys like GOlden and Tatum consistenly getting caught flat footed while the player they are guarding drives around them which completely breaks down the defense and usually results in a lay-up, and really poor defense when it comes to defending screens.
On offense, guys jacking up 3's when the other teams have no answer for Maymon in the paint which to me shows poor discipline.

With that said, I am not off of the CCM "bandwagon", but would like to see him take charge of this team and make them play the way he wants them to play instead of playing the way THEY want to play.

VN Store

Back