Hate Dick Vitale

cmelton7

I have a significant amount of cash on the KY-IU game. I can barely watch it because Dukie V's voice makes me want to hang myself from the ceiling fan. Does anyone else think it's time for the guy to hang up his microphone? There must be people that actually enjoy listening to the guy, but I don't know how.:peace2: Go Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
I have a significant amount of cash on the KY-IU game. I can barely watch it because Dukie V's voice makes me want to hang myself from the ceiling fan. Does anyone else think it's time for the guy to hang up his microphone? There must be people that actually enjoy listening to the guy, but I don't know how.:peace2: Go Vols.

remote_mute_button_fig.jpg

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I don't know what is worse Dukie V, no volume on the tv. Thanks though. I took KY -5.5. I lost money, but since I don't have to hear these Ky basketball/Bama football fans talk sh*t for a day, all is not lost. Those are the worst kind of people. It takes a lot of character to root for the frontrunner.

:lol:

Only thing great thing Vitale has ever done was accidently going on airwaves and spilling confidential conversation he had with Billy donovan. Vitale repeated Donovan words about Joakim Noah and Al Horford. He said Donovan said "I would never say this publicly but there is no way I would take Noah over Horford." little did Dickie V know that went out over the air waves he thought he was telling Dave Hooker over the air. It was great!

If he'd just call all the games alike he'd be ok , but damn man his homerisism for puke and the acc is tuurrrable :whatever:

Mute button works on my set.

Works on mine too but the SOB talks so loud that I think it overrides the mute function, well actually I think he just repeats himself do much it just seems to cause the mute botton to fail. He is actually the best ACC promoter on television not to mention being a huge homer for whoever is leading at the moment.

I don't hate anyone, but I sure hate to listen to games he is calling.

I always turn the sound down or do not watch it. I also did not appreciate his comments about Pearl either.

Dickie V's routine has been past its prime since 1996 probaly yea he needs to retire he is just like Lee Corso another Espn mascot who sucked as a head coach but are universally loved by the fans even though their commentary of their sports is really lacking.

It's understandable that Vitale's character and voice (both of which are boisterous and often over-the-top) turn-off some fans, especially those who may be from the South. (There's certain cultural differences that just don't seem to mesh with the Southern character, generally speaking, which is often more reserved and softer.) However, I will say this, that man is one of the best things for college basketball. Has been for a long time. He brings energy, enthusiasm, and a real love for the game to his broadcasting. There are other announcers who dissect the game (the x's and o's) much better (i.e., Jay Bilas), but none of them can provide a substitute for Vitale's intangibles. Couple that with the fact that he works tirelessly for cancer research and other charitable pursuits. The day he leaves college basketball will be a sad one.

VN Store

Back