Why did Maymon shut down?

therealitytheory

13 pts at the 10 minute mark; looked like he might go for the arena record for points scored.

He scored 5 pts. the rest of the way.

AP did go to a zone, but they were man-to-man the last 7 minutes and Maymon never got the ball on the block once.

It was bizarre. 2 field goal attempts in the 2nd half??

13 pts at the 10 minute mark; looked like he might go for the arena record for points scored.

AP did go to a zone, but they were man-to-man the last 7 minutes and Maymon never got the ball on the block once.

Coaching. It'll be interesting to see how Cuonzo adjusts to zone defenses in the future.

Not exactly what cost us the game.
Defense was non-existent in the second half.
Peay shot 70% from the floor and 80% from 3pt.
That would beat you against Lenoir city.

Martin can tell them to feed Maymon all day long. But, obviously, someone wasn't paying attention.

I think that both Tatum and Golden need to start next game on the bench. They are destroying the momentum in games.

CM had a really bad day. AP adjusted to the big men and we never countered with a smaller lineup to guard their quicks and handle the ball. Thought Wash, Trae, Richardson, Maymon, and McRae would have been interesting. The driving lanes were open against the zone and man because AP was on the ball 35 ft from the basket.

Don't know where Miller was in the 2nd half either.

Tennessee has a bright future now that they have gotten rid of Pearl and hired a top flight defensive coach. :D:eek:

Where is the "we won't get out hustled" talk?? Talk is cheap and I saw several players that should have been sitting on the bench based on how they did not "hustle" on defense. Come on CCM, you gotta back up what you preach or the players will run the program instead of the coaches.

Maybe the guards did not get the ball to him.

Coaching. It'll be interesting to see how Cuonzo adjusts to zone defenses in the future.
Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but shouldn't Cuonzo kind of know how to adjust to the zone defense by now? Does it really take losing to a terrible Austin Peay team for him to figure that out?

Reactions: 1 person
I am not sure why Maymon shut down but I sure wish I could shut down my incessant desire to capture and sniff my own farts. I just can't stop despite therapy. Just yesterday I farted several times into a loaf of white bread I bought. Really bad farts. Then I made a snadwich out of it using blue cheese and mustard. It about made me throw up but I could not stop and ate the whole thing. I hope things turn up for me at some point....

As a buddy in Memphis told me Cam Tatum is a bit of a disappointment. By the way the crowd was so dead I watched 3 mins of it and the Announcers were talking how quiet it was.

Yeah, i have just watched off and on. Does swiperboy ever even get off the bench any more? From what i saw, looked like Tatum needed to be joining him over there on the pine.

Coach has said over and over...if you can't guard a man, you can't play. Tatum can have a seat. Skyler, have a seat. Trae, have a seat. Jordan, have a seat.

Is Kenny guarding anyone?

As a buddy in Memphis told me Cam Tatum is a bit of a disappointment. By the way the crowd was so dead I watched 3 mins of it and the Announcers were talking how quiet it was.

The students are on Christmas break. The arena had no more than 8000 people present. Truth be told, there was no much to get loud about. It was embarrassing!

VN Store

Back