The Obligatory Post-loss Bruce Pearl thread (merged)

87Vol

I told this board a few weeks ago after the first exhibition game that we were really bad and it was gonna be a very long season. At that time everyone attacked me with abandon and called me everything in the book. Well let me ask now...... What do you all think now? Long season?

Wow, just wow ! Getting beat by a pathetic Austin Peay team. We ought to get rid of Cuonzo on the spot. That's utterly pathetic, even for this lowly team.

Last edited:
I told this board a few weeks ago after the first exhibition game that we were really bad and it was gonna be a very long season. At that time everyone attacked me with abandon and called me everything in the book. Well let me ask now...... What do you all think now? Long season?

Wow, just wow ! Getting beat by a pathetic Austin Peay team. We ought to get rid of Cuonzo on the spot. That's utterly pathetic, even for this lowly team.

Bruce had his chance and he f'd it up. Move on!

I guess you wanted to get rid of Pearl when we lost to a DII team last year too....

3fz7.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Could we bring him back to recruit another class like this one?

Remember. He couldn't recruit this year or the next two because his lies that nucleared the program led to a 3 year show cause. People tend to forget that simple fact.

(I know you're kidding.)

Ain't nothing but a show cause standing in the way and that's just a formality. I'm all for it. Have to wonder if Dave Hart has the cojones to do the right thing, though.

Ain't nothing but a show cause standing in the way and that's just a formality. I'm all for it. Have to wonder if Dave Hart has the cojones to do the right thing, though.

A "formality" that bans him from basically all recruiting activities...

I said this team would win 12 games this year and got hammered for it. There are no playmakers. And judging by the commitments so far there won't be any. I apologize for mentioning him and I agree it's in the past but Pearl should've been kept. The penalties might've been stiff but in a couple years we would bounce back and be in contention again. I know last year was a mess but lets not pretend the NCAA stuff didn't sit on Pearl and the players minds. Tennessee basketball has never been better than it was in the Pearl era. Tennessee basketball has never been more relevant or as nationally recognized as it was in the Pearl era. This is the first and last time I will mention Pearl in a post. I will support Cuonzo and any future coach because I am a huge fan of the program. This will be a long year but I hope things will come together soon. Go vols

I said this team would win 12 games this year and got hammered for it. There are no playmakers. And judging by the commitments so far there won't be any. I apologize for mentioning him and I agree it's in the past but Pearl should've been kept. The penalties might've been stiff but in a couple years we would bounce back and be in contention again. I know last year was a mess but lets not pretend the NCAA stuff didn't sit on Pearl and the players minds. Tennessee basketball has never been better than it was in the Pearl era. Tennessee basketball has never been more relevant or as nationally recognized as it was in the Pearl era. This is the first and last time I will mention Pearl in a post. I will support Cuonzo and any future coach because I am a huge fan of the program. This will be a long year but I hope things will come together soon. Go vols

How was Pearl going to win with 13 white boys from Knoxville? He would have been banned from any off-campus recruiting, as would all of his assistants since they too were hit with show-cause orders.

As i remembr Pearl had (Harris and Hopson) last year and we lost to some really bad teams. He had alot better team than Martin took over.

How was Pearl going to win with 13 white boys from Knoxville? He would have been banned from any off-campus recruiting, as would all of his assistants since they too were hit with show-cause orders.

Well even with 13 white boys from Knoxville, he would have beaten a crappy Austin Peay team.

VN Store

Back