2nd half

No, our "savior" was coaching the second half. You know, the one that was gonna save us from those bad teams we have had the last couple of years.

I thought Martin was all about toughness and discipline. No? This team isn't showing
any of that. He needs to get in the players' kitchens and get them to play defense. Giving up 90 points in games, 45 points in a half, 72 percent shooting in a half to a 2-9 team--that's bad, street basketball (IS ALL!). What did Coach K bring to duke to get that program started--defense, brothers, defense.

I'm telling you, Kenny Hall cannot guard ball screens worth a dang. He single handedly gave up at least 8 easy layups due to not hedging, or not cutting off the passing lane. He is KILLING us on the defensive end right now. He, IMO, has cost us at least 3 games so far this season.

I'm telling you, Kenny Hall cannot guard ball screens worth a dang. He single handedly gave up at least 8 easy layups due to not hedging, or not cutting off the passing lane. He is KILLING us on the defensive end right now. He, IMO, has cost us at least 3 games so far this season.

No, what has cost us games is martins refusal to switch to zone even for a minute.

If we are in a zone, Hall would foul out in 3 minutes. He can't make quick decisions and we don't have enough capable bigs to play an effective zone IMO. We also don't have the athleticism to play solid M2M, but either way, we aren't a good team right now. That can and IMO will change by seasons end.

You also need an experienced big in the low post to bark out orders and be a vocal leader in setting up the zone, getting rotation, weakside help, etc and we just don't have anyone I would trust in that situation. I doubt CCM thinks we have that player right now either.

VN Store

Back