Wish this guy would walk through the door

Scotty's Flat Top

I'm hurtin' Linda
Houston-pic.gif

Best game I ever went to during his time at UT was against LSU. They had Shaq and CJ, Houston and Wiseman lit them up for 35 each. I had some classes with AH and he was a great guy and still is today. I saw him at restaurant in NY last winter and he remembered me from school, I was surprised.

Best game I ever went to during his time at UT was against LSU. They had Shaq and CJ, Houston and Wiseman lit them up for 35 each. I had some classes with AH and he was a great guy and still is today. I saw him at restaurant in NY last winter and he remembered me from school, I was surprised.

That was the game Shaq got in a fight too, I think. LSU coach got into it.
Shaq was going in for a dunk and one of the UT players grap his jersey from behind and the Shaq swung at him.
Houston was playig then?:unsure:

That was the game Shaq got in a fight too, I think. LSU coach got into it.
Shaq was going in for a dunk and one of the UT players grap his jersey from behind and the Shaq swung at him.
Houston was playig then?:unsure:

Not sure but I think that game was a SEC tourny game and it was Carlos Groves that fouled him and Shaq started swinging..lol. Anybody that coaches any young'uns in b-ball should show that pic of AH's jumpshot form..great pic.

Not sure but I think that game was a SEC tourny game and it was Carlos Groves that fouled him and Shaq started swinging..lol. Anybody that coaches any young'uns in b-ball should show that pic of AH's jumpshot form..great pic.

It was the SEC tourney, he got into with Groves and Dale Brown ran onto the court lol...That was the jump the shark moment for Brown, who might have wasted more talent than any coach in SEC hsitory during that time. Jackson, Shaq, Stanley Robert, Ricky Blanton...that team was the best in the country and should have won it all.....Greatest hoops game I ever saw was LSU vs Loyolla Marymont at the Superdome, I think the score was something like 148-143...No defense but man could they score the ball

For some of you youngsters, this is a good read.
Look Back: 20 Years After LSU, Loyola Marymount - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

Last edited:
It was the SEC tourney, he got into with Groves and Dale Brown ran onto the court lol...That was the jump the shark moment for Brown, who might have wasted more talent than any coach in SEC hsitory during that time. Jackson, Shaq, Stanley Robert, Ricky Blanton...that team was the best in the country and should have won it all.....Greatest hoops game I ever saw was LSU vs Loyolla Marymont at the Superdome, I think the score was something like 148-143...No defense but man could they score the ball

For some of you youngsters, this is a good read.
Look Back: 20 Years After LSU, Loyola Marymount - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

Yep thats the game. Cool link to that Loyola game too. I remember reading the score to that game..incredible. You're right about Dale Brown..a ton of great players went thru LSU in those days, especially Chris Jackson. He was unstoppable at point guard in the SEC, then came out early and changed his name or something in the NBA and never really made it..IIRC

man you old skool guys...I don't remember this stuff.

I've been to Thompson Bowl a lot, but Houston had already retired from the NBA :)

This guy was lights out. Had some serious issues.. but he was in range the moment he stepped into the arena

Allan Houston was a great player probaly the best we have ever had in basketball.just ashame the teams he played on during his career were not very good.

My roommate was Alan's calculus tutor in college. Alan came by Hess several times for some calc help. Could not believe how down to Earth this guy was. Probably the best player to ever wear the orange and White, but the guy was like the friend that you knew from middle school.

VN Store

Back