PG Travon Landy Commits for 2013

Pretty decent offer list, don't know much about the guy to be honest. Need another point guard in 2013.

Rivals, from October 1st...

"A dominant on-the-ball defender, Landry was pretty impressive on the offensive end. He has a composed pace to his game, can get to the rim, sees the court and has a reliable outside shot."

Rivals, from October 1st...

"A dominant on-the-ball defender, Landry was pretty impressive on the offensive end. He has a composed pace to his game, can get to the rim, sees the court and has a reliable outside shot."

Bring him in now.

Three other SEC schools have offered him, plus TAMU, a consistent top 25 team, and he hasn't even started his junior year yet.

I only saw Tennessee and Vanderbilt on his offer list. Bama, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M were a few others interested.

I only saw Tennessee and Vanderbilt on his offer list. Bama, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M were a few others interested.

"The 6-foot Landry, who attends Bob Jones High School and is rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, chose UT over Vanderbilt, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M and Texas Tech."- govolsxtra.com

Sounded like offers to me.

Could have been. His Rivals page only lists two offers though, so that's what I thought.

Kid looks alright. We do need a PG, so it's a welcome commit nonetheless.

He was on the same team as J-Mychal Reese (one of the best in this year's class) back in Texas.

A poster on VN who is a coach and has faced Landry says the kid is really quick, a good ball handler, and a good distributor. Said that he is not a good shooter at this point, but does everything else well.

I graduated from Bob Jones three years ago and our basketball program is one of the best in the state. We won state two years ago and finished runner-up three years ago. Alabama's starting shooting guard is a freshman from Bob Jones, Levi Randolph. Our best player this year though is Reggie Ragland, a 5* senior committed to Bama to play football

Seems very mediocre. Very undersized at 6' I would feel better if he were 6'2" or 6'3". If he has exceptional quickness he may be ok. Otherwise hes not going to be the kind of player we need to compete for SEC championships.

Seems very mediocre. Very undersized at 6' I would feel better if he were 6'2" or 6'3". If he has exceptional quickness he may be ok. Otherwise hes not going to be the kind of player we need to compete for SEC championships.

How many times have you seen him play? What else can you tell us about him?

Thanks!!

Reactions: 3 people

You must have really hated when Pearl signed Melvin Goins. That dude might be 5'11" in heels.

Your trolling is really weak....

VN Store

Back