We are misusing Tatum

volumnus

He is strictly a catch and shoot player. He cannot dribble or pass to save his life. I counted at least four stupid turnovers. This team plays with such low basketball IQ. They are not fun to watch at all. They make one good play and then three bad ones while they are swagging all over themselves.

Pearl did the same thing with him. He is no Tyler Smith or Dane Bradshaw. His value is in the catch and shoot as the OP said as well as the fast break. On D he should guard the #3. It pains me to see our football and basketball coaches taking the players and having them try to fit in a system instead of having the system adapted to the players.

The only problem this team has is a lack of talent. they are well coached. They are in good shape and they play hard. Tatum has limted talent. They have so much more basketball I.Q than the last 3 or 4 years of Pearl's Teams!!!

Martin is out of his league, just like Dooley. We suck in everything including women's basketball. We should just disband the athletic department. It's pathetic. This is an all time low in the history of Tennessee athletics. THIS IS NOT A TOURNAMENT TEAM!

Martin is out of his league, just like Dooley. We suck in everything including women's basketball. We should just disband the athletic department. It's pathetic. This is an all time low in the history of Tennessee athletics. THIS IS NOT A TOURNAMENT TEAM!

stay off this board, troll. just don't watch if you don't like it. my gosh.

stay off this board, troll. just don't watch if you don't like it. my gosh.

People like you are the reason we are in the shape we are in. You sunshine blowers kept Phildo around until we were dead and buried, and now we are doomed for at least a decade. I guarantee you you would be saying exactly the same if Wade Houston were the coach. Some people are just pansies. They don't have the courage to do what needs to be done.

The only problem this team has is a lack of talent. they are well coached. They are in good shape and they play hard. Tatum has limted talent. They have so much more basketball I.Q than the last 3 or 4 years of Pearl's Teams!!!

Your dreaming, in the first place this team is not that far below the talent level of any of Pearls teams. In every game they have played they have dragged ass in the last 10 minutes which means they are not in shape. Why do you think they can compete for 15 mins and lose at the end. Its because they are playing teams in better condition. Lets see now, if unforced turnovers and a total lack of rebounding is the mark of an in shape well coached team than I guess you are correct.

People like you are the reason we are in the shape we are in. You sunshine blowers kept Phildo around until we were dead and buried, and now we are doomed for at least a decade. I guarantee you you would be saying exactly the same if Wade Houston were the coach. Some people are just pansies. They don't have the courage to do what needs to be done.

No, some people are just not stupid and think they have a say so in the matter. There are a handful of people that do, and I guarantee you that neither you or I are one of them.

He is strictly a catch and shoot player. He cannot dribble or pass to save his life. I counted at least four stupid turnovers. This team plays with such low basketball IQ. They are not fun to watch at all. They make one good play and then three bad ones while they are swagging all over themselves.
swagging all over themselves? wth is that even supposed to mean? Please don't use words if you do not understand what they man. Swagger is something you have not something you do.

This team is so much better coached in the half-court offense that Pearl's teams that there is really no comparison. They also play with more passion and effort. Anyone who can't see that really just needs to stop watching basketball.

Your dreaming, in the first place this team is not that far below the talent level of any of Pearls teams. In every game they have played they have dragged ass in the last 10 minutes which means they are not in shape. Why do you think they can compete for 15 mins and lose at the end. Its because they are playing teams in better condition. Lets see now, if unforced turnovers and a total lack of rebounding is the mark of an in shape well coached team than I guess you are correct.
First comment was absolutely idiotic.

In all honesty, we are a few weakside rotations from beating Memphis and Pitt, and possibly even Duke. Kenny Hall HAS to do a better job of hedging the G in pick and roll situations. He either leaves a passing lane to his man he left, or fouls. He did a little better job against Pitt on a few occasions, but for the most part he is the 2nd most abused Kenny I have ever seen next to that hooded kid from southpark.

Worse than a troll is a ignorant troll.

I agree, spot up and shoot for Tatum. He looks ridiculous trying to drive and throw some wild behind the neck pass lol!

I do like the new coaching staff tho. We at least are playing somewhat smarter basketball and not doing silly celebrations every play.

Just to show how utterly stupid and ignorant this post is, I thought I'd post Tatum's stats from last game.

From 3 pt range: 2/6
From 2 point range: 3/6.

What? He was better driving the ball than being a "catch and shoot player?" Color me shocked that the OP is utterly clueless.

You might want to add bad turnovers into that equation. Tatum is a turnover machine when he takes the ball off the dribble. Not to mention most of his missed 2's usually are bad shots that lead to a fast break, which are as good as turnovers.

Selecting one game as an example is fun, but Tatum should primarily be a spot up shooter.

Just to show how utterly stupid and ignorant this post is, I thought I'd post Tatum's stats from last game.

From 3 pt range: 2/6
From 2 point range: 3/6.

What? He was better driving the ball than being a "catch and shoot player?" Color me shocked that the OP is utterly clueless.

I agree, and why people want to rip a kid that has been inconsistent, yet played here 4 years and given his all is beyond me. Have you even taken the fact that he has knees that make Michael Munoz's knees look unscathed into consideration at all. The kid has had to deal with more than a couple bad knee injuries that seriously affected his athleticism. Give him a break. He has been a capable defender and at times our leading scorer. He has been solid this season, and he has played lights out in some games. Dropping 6 treys on Purdue last season in the pre-season tourney is the first thing that comes to mind. You wanna rip someone, rip Kenny Hall. He has played next to awful and if there were no cap on PF's, he would be a double bonus for every team we go up against single handedly. Tatum is a nice guy too. I have met him several times and talked with him a good bit.

Tatum's D is highly, highly underrated. He played very well defensively against Pitt and Memphis.

I agree, and why people want to rip a kid that has been inconsistent, yet played here 4 years and given his all is beyond me. Have you even taken the fact that he has knees that make Michael Munoz's knees look unscathed into consideration at all. The kid has had to deal with more than a couple bad knee injuries that seriously affected his athleticism. Give him a break. He has been a capable defender and at times our leading scorer. He has been solid this season, and he has played lights out in some games. Dropping 6 treys on Purdue last season in the pre-season tourney is the first thing that comes to mind. You wanna rip someone, rip Kenny Hall. He has played next to awful and if there were no cap on PF's, he would be a double bonus for every team we go up against single handedly. Tatum is a nice guy too. I have met him several times and talked with him a good bit.

+1

Disagree with everything you have said.

Tatum's D is highly, highly underrated. He played very well defensively against Pitt and Memphis.

He is good at getting the occasional steal and he is a good rebounder for a guard, but he is useless against anyone who is quick off the dribble. This will be vary apparent when we play teams like UK, Florida, and Vandy.

VN Store

Back