Blame this loss on Bruce Pearl.

1985Vols

For scheduling this game less than 3 days after returning from over a week in Maui. Team returned Fri. night around 9:00 PM and had to fly to Michigan and play this game against Oakland? Bad scheduling with nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Reactions: 3 people
For scheduling this game less than 3 days after returning from over a week in Maui. Team returned Fri. night around 9:00 PM and had to fly to Michigan and play this game against Oakland? Bad scheduling with nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Yeah, Pearl made some bad coaching decisions tonight.

I agree they may have been a little tired. However, if Tennessee's defense does not get better then can forget about the NCAA tournament. One thing about Pearl's teams is that they generally played good defense. I believe with Pearl Tennessee would have beat Memphis and won tonight. Just a little bit of defense would have won both games.

I agree they may have been a little tired. However, if Tennessee's defense does not get better then can forget about the NCAA tournament. One thing about Pearl's teams is that they generally played good defense. I believe with Pearl Tennessee would have beat Memphis and won tonight. Just a little bit of defense would have won both games.

With Pearl this team would have lost to Memphis going away.

Speaking of Pearl, that awkward moment when your local small town sportswriter claims UT should rehire Pearl in three years...

Bruce would have beaten Memphis and Oakland.

Maybe duke even because odds are we have Scotty and Tobias still (maybe not Harris, but Scotty would've stayed)

Pearl would not have waited a half to slow Memphis down. Tennessee would have one the Memphis game easy. I am for Martin, but they are going to have to get better on the defensive end to win. I may be wrong, but Martin's teams do not have a history of being good on defense.

VN Store

Back