Tennessee vs. Oakland - 9PM !!*ESPN3*!!

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
The game is on ESPNU, but the slight majority of us don't have that channel. Should be a good true road game. I think our guys will get some good experience.

Last season's meeting in Knoxville was the first meeting in the series, and the Grizzlies defeated the previously unbeaten and seventh-ranked Vols 89-82 on Dec. 14, 2010 ... The Vols are 0-1 all-time against current members of the Summit League, but Cuonzo Martin is 1-0 vs. Summit League teams, having beaten Oral Roberts at Missouri State...

Though the season is young, Tennessee is on pace to make the third-most 3-pointers in program history ... Through five games, the Vols average 9.6 3-pointers made per game ... At that rate, UT's 31-game regular-season total projects out to 297 ... The Vols made a record 327 treys in 2006- 07 and followed that with 312 in 2007-08 ... No other UT teams have made more than 300 ... Chris Lofton, the SEC's all-time 3-point king, played for each of those top-two 3-point shooting teams.

University of Tennessee Athletics: Men's Basketball

"We aren't going to get caught up in any jet lag — Hawaii is in the wind,'' Martin said. "This is an important game, and we're going to have to be focused to win on the road.

"Our guys have prepared, and we expect them to represent the University of Tennessee in a positive manner.''

Quick turnaround at Oakland doesn't worry Cuonzo Martin GoVolsXtra

ESPN3:
ESPN3 - Tennessee vs. Oakland

I am going to flip my s**t if anyone makes a "Is this game on ESPN3?" thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Hoping we get another big effort from Maymon and continue working towards consistent guard play. Hopefully fatigue isn't an issue from all the flying. If we play our game we should win comfortably though. I'll take the Vols 80-62.

Last edited:
ESPNU - 208 on DirecTV

And the #1 lady around here bought a new PC on black Friday, and I'm using it now, right beside the TV - redneck heaven!!! GBO.

VN Store

Back