Oakland

VolNC2316

So we got the Grizzlies in their place @ 9pm EST on ESPNU Monday night...I was checking around on their official athletic site and found a couple things that were kind of interesting...One, the size of their gym...Capacity is 3,000...They had a little over 2,000 in their home opening win over win over Utah Valley (89-83)...Two, they have a 30 game home winning streak...Three, tickets are still available as of today...

Here is a pic of their gym...BTW, what is the story about us giving them a home/home series ??...Especially in this gym...

Oakland University Official Athletic Site - Facilities

If they play like they did in Maui, they should win by 10+. Maymon can destroy them inside. They have solid guards though.

They aren't nearly as talented this year as last. They lost Keith Benson to the NBA. They still have Reggie Hamilton and now have Michigan transfer Laval Lucas-Perry, but they don't have that inside presence without Benson.

Also, off topic their gym is a really nice small gym. My high school played games there and I've been to a couple of their home games. I believe we're one of the first big mens team to go play there. Usually when they play Michigan or MSU they go to their place or play at the Palace where the Pistons play.

Oakland was blasted by Arkansas. This isn't the same team that defeated Tennessee last year. That said, the crowd will be out in full force and it should be a great test for the Tennessee squad.

Reactions: 1 person
Oakland was blasted by Arkansas. This isn't the same team that defeated Tennessee last year. That said, the crowd will be out in full force and it should be a great test for the Tennessee squad.

Comparing scores in hoops is not a good practice. With that said they beat Houston(I think on the road) that beat Arkansas so go figure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Any road test this early is good for the team. If we play how we've been playing we should be able to pull it off.

We were a very bad team most of last year but I really don't think that game was one of our worst performaces. I remember them playing exceptionally well. Obviously Benson was the focal point of their team but they had some other guys who could really play.

Should be a good test in a hostile environment. Playing in a 2800 seat gym in Maui may be helpful going into the same size gym at Oakland. Won't be an easy game to win. Team didn't get back to Knoxville until almost 9:00 PM Friday night. Hope the jet lag does not give them heavy legs.

Been there once before back in the day. They have a very passionate fan base and they will for sure pack the gym for a game against an SEC school

-VD345

I hate that the game is at 9:00 and not 7:00. I was going to try to make it down, but 1.5 hour drive + having to work the next day makes that very tough....probably not going to happen.

I hate that the game is at 9:00 and not 7:00. I was going to try to make it down, but 1.5 hour drive + having to work the next day makes that very tough....probably not going to happen.

im kinda in the same boat, im driving in from east lansing and got class early the next day...plus theres supposed to be a snow/rain storm tom nite, so thats not helping either. Ill hold the arena down tho, cant pass up this opportunity

So we got the Grizzlies in their place @ 9pm EST on ESPNU Monday night...I was checking around on their official athletic site and found a couple things that were kind of interesting...One, the size of their gym...Capacity is 3,000...They had a little over 2,000 in their home opening win over win over Utah Valley (89-83)...Two, they have a 30 game home winning streak...Three, tickets are still available as of today...

Here is a pic of their gym...BTW, what is the story about us giving them a home/home series ??...Especially in this gym...
Oakland University Official Athletic Site - Facilities

I believe Tony Jones went to Oakland or has some ties with that school. He was either in part or in whole responsible for the series.

I believe Tony Jones went to Oakland or has some ties with that school. He was either in part or in whole responsible for the series.

Thanks, I knew there was something like going on for UT to go up there and play in that arena instead of a bigger venue..I was thinking their head coach and Pearl were good buddies or something...

I find it weird that a decent mid major has an arena that small when a newly entree to D1 at North Florida has this gym:

player_arenafloor.jpg

VN Store

Back