McRae is the key

tvols75

If he can play within himself and not be selfish it opens up the entire offense. He's got a smooth shot, and I feel like Martin is the perfect coach to keep him humbled. With McRae on, it opens lanes for Golden to penetrate and either finish or kick it out. It also makes teams think twice about going zone, which will benefit Maymon.

Exciting that we got a nucleus that is going to be here for 2 or 3 years.

Having Richardson helps to put some pressure on McRae to play well. Looking forward to see if he is able to build on this performance. I also think Kenny is slowly coming out of his slump.

I agree with all you say,but I really think Maymon is the key to this team.
He definitely has what it takes to be an exceptional team leader.
Hoping his toughness, work ethic and desire to improve becomes contagious.
If it does McRae and Hall will become complete players. Hoping it's before March.

What makes you think that?

He's rebounding, blocking shots and has made some nice shots? He could be pretty good if it weren't for constantly being in foul trouble. Hard to get in rhythm when you're constantly benched for said reason.

He's rebounding, blocking shots and has made some nice shots? He could be pretty good if it weren't for constantly being in foul trouble. Hard to get in rhythm when you're constantly benched for said reason.

I thought he was coming around as well until yesterday. It was a couple of steps backward. We need him for sure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He averaged about a turnover per touch for the entire exhibition season and for the warm up games.

He averaged about a turnover per touch for the entire exhibition season and for the warm up games.

He has been terrible no doubt, but the end of Duke and the Memphis game he made some nice shots playing a better floor game. I expected him to play well yesterday but it was far from it. He needs confidence in the worst way.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There's no denying this team needs another scoring threat. But I think what it needs most out of McRae is consistency, and I'm not sure he's able to give that just yet. If Coach Martin can get that out of him, this team could make some noise.

Me thinks by season's end we will have an invite to a tournament and a decent winning record not because of a key player, but because we have a well-coached, hard-working bunch of good players who take turns stepping up when one or the other is not on their game. I just have trouble seeing Kenny Hall as one of those. He'll be a cog, but I think Dwight Miller will be more of a factor and Yemi will contribute.

VN Store

Back