Game Summary (Chaminade - 11/23)

LawVol13

1.) Tennessee did exactly what it needed to do in this one. Avoid a letdown and end on a good note.

2.) McRae had a nice shooting day; that should help his confidence moving forward.

3.) It was also nice to see us win the game going away while allowing Mr. Maymon the day off. It was a well deserved rest for him.

4.) Wes Washpun continues to impress me. He has gained as much confidence out of this tournament as anyone.

5.) Cam Tatum had a solid day at the office. Nothing flashy and he took good shots the entire game.

6.) I think everyone, including me, have much, much more confidence in Cuonzo Martin and this team than we did on Sunday. Great showing in Maui.

Feel free to add any points that you guys feel need discussing. Go Vols!

Reactions: 6 people
Nothing to be ashamed of.

Will have to fight very hard with our schedule to make any noise this year and the dance.

After what I have seen, I think we could end up being a top 6 team in the SEC.

It looks like we are going to have enough shooters that if a team wants to zone us we should be fine. One of those shooters should be able to get teams out of that. That certainly hasn't been the case in the past.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If this team is 11th in the SEC... Then it will give the big east a run for their money as toughest conference.

Reactions: 3 people
What this tournament proved to me was that we will compete... may not win, but we are not a team to take lightly by anyone

Reactions: 3 people
Far and away more confident in CCM than I was before the season. Not that I was down on him in the first place.

Reactions: 1 person
UT had wide open shots all day, that said, you still have to make them and they did, really excited about the free throw shooting, we didn't shoot many today, mainly cause of the success from three.

You can see guys like Woolrdige/McBee just seem so much more confident in their shot and it is showing, if we can continually get them hitting their shot, we will be tough to stop.

Man I wish Harris was still here, he would have thrived in this offense, could have been a top ten pick after one year with Martin.

Edit* I know Harris was picked 19th, not a big difference but I really think he would be an All-American under Maritn.

Last edited:
After what I have seen, I think we could end up being a top 6 team in the SEC.

I don't think we've seen enough basketball to determine here this team ends up. I could see top six, but I can also see some teams not playing as well and our youth gaining experience and us being top 3. No other team in the SEC has stood out to me.

Well maybe Vandy losing to Cleaveland High School.. :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Remains to be seen, finishing in the top 3 should garner coach of the year consideration IMO.

I expect to be very competitive in every game but our schedule is brutal and this team, will have its ups and downs.

The future does seem bright though.

What happened to Miller today? I don't think he played in the 2nd half. There seems to be at least one guy a game that gets the ignore treatment at the end of each game. Was it his turn? Why?

What happened to Miller today? I don't think he played in the 2nd half. There seems to be at least one guy a game that gets the ignore treatment at the end of each game. Was it his turn? Why?

He took a couple of stupid shots. Yemi made some nice plays, so I'm assuming he went with the guy playing better, and that was Yemi.

He took a couple of stupid shots. Yemi made some nice plays, so I'm assuming he went with the guy playing better, and that was Yemi.

Is miller limited to only the 5? It seemed to me with Maymon out there were plenty of minutes for the both of them.

Is miller limited to only the 5? It seemed to me with Maymon out there were plenty of minutes for the both of them.

He went with Woolridge, Yemi, and Kenny Hall. I'd say the rotation won't get much bigger than that. If Maymon had played, Woolridge would have played much less. I think Miller's minutes are contingent on how he plays versus how Yemi plays. I like that.

He went with Woolridge, Yemi, and Kenny Hall. I'd say the rotation won't get much bigger than that. If Maymon had played, Woolridge would have played much less. I think Miller's minutes are contingent on how he plays versus how Yemi plays. I like that.

Also could be matchups. Against bigger teams, seems Miller plays and against more athletic big men Yemi plays.

Also could be matchups. Against bigger teams, seems Miller plays and against more athletic big men Yemi plays.

I don't think so. Miller played more than Yemi against Memphis, and Memphis is about as athletic as it gets in their frontcourt. It's pretty clear that Cuonzo goes with who is playing the best. Also, you're not coaching matchups against a D-II team. You're just focusing on you not the opponent.

I think that is a fine approach but this game was out of hand. Developmental minutes would have been beneficial IMO.

I'd also point out how much I liked our patience and shot selection against the 2-3 today. We had guys turning down shots to get other guys better shots; that's good to see and a change from last year.

I'd also point out how much I liked our patience and shot selection against the 2-3 today. We had guys turning down shots to get other guys better shots; that's good to see and a change from last year.

I was really glad they chose to play the zone. It slowed the game down and allowed us to work on getting better. I didn't think we were getting a lot out of the first half.

In years past you could bank on the other tram throwing a zone look at us and our offense hitting a wall.

VN Store

Back