1st recruiting class

omghulkhands

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but thought it deserved a little attention

CM's first recruiting class has shaped up to be pretty solid. Wes looked really good in Maui so far and Josh Richardson is playing smarter and better basketball than McRae right now. Yemi has given us valuable minutes and he will vastly improve over time considering how recently he started even playing basketball. Miller has also stepped in and contributed nicely and he looks as if he could really be a scoring threat when he gets more comfortable with the coaches/players/system

This class is solid and at this point underappreciated. Next year (2012) may be of similar make-up due to those that committed to other programs in early signing period. But if the intensity continues on the floor and positive coaching continues, we'll bring in a very strong contingent in 2013. Probably nationally ranked. This staff can produce. The team will fill TBA with their fire and intensity and we'll attract some elite talent. Then the upward spiral hits. Top coaching and top level recruits.

Reactions: 3 people
This class is solid and at this point underappreciated. Next year (2012) may be of similar make-up due to those that committed to other programs in early signing period. But if the intensity continues on the floor and positive coaching continues, we'll bring in a very strong contingent in 2013. Probably nationally ranked. This staff can produce. The team will fill TBA with their fire and intensity and we'll attract some elite talent. Then the upward spiral hits. Top coaching and top level recruits.

solid

hopefully we can get a nationally ranked class next year, it would only take one commit and we all know who he is

Don't give up on Hall yet, his career is nowhere near over. He had a good game yesterday and I think he has more skills than people realize. He isn't smart and makes dumb decisions, but he plays tough and when he scores early he tends to have good games. He has SERIOUS confidence issues, which Cuonzo and company has to help him get over. They really had him prepared yesterday I thought he played very well. He is a starter and I don't see him losing the position anytime soon. He can score around the basketball and will get more points as the season goes along.

McRae has to play team b-ball. He is playing like Scooter McFadden and Hopson in his first two years. Not thinking before jacking shots. McRae has a lot more athletic ability than Richardson, but is going to have to play smarter than Richardson in order to hold down his starting position.

Washpun has been a surprise. Most didn't think he would ever see the court.
most who were really bad at math and logic thought he would never see the floor. Wes is the only true PG on the whole team thinking he would never see the floor is moronic.

With that out of the way... I am sorry but Maymon and Golden belong to CCM's recruiting class. The 2 guys out on that court this year are not the guys we had last year and the same can be said to some extent about the whole team.

In one off-season CCM seems to have done more player development than some folks did in their whole time here.

It annoys me to no end when people say coach needs to prove he can recruit. What they really mean is they want him to recruit and sign the players they want. That ain't the recipe for success. all he has to do s get the players he can get that fit his system and he will do the rest.

Trust me once he starts cranking out draftees the line will come to him. I personally prefer a coach that can develop his players than one that just brings in guys to shoehorn into his system.

Has anyone even thought about whether or not Stokes would fit this system? He would most likely of course but that is not the point the point is do you mokes even think of that when you salivate over a 4/5 star? Does he fit the system?

I hope I'm wrong, but landing stokes is going to be a long shot. I do believe CM will land a solid prospect, but from what Ive seen he seams to be able to evaluate talent pretty well. The way Golden and Maymon have looked this year, it makes me tickle inside knowing just how sick a team we could have if we land just 3-4 more talented players, two of which are post hopefully. At this moment I see us just taking the best 2-4 players we can get. I feel Martin knows how to evaluate true shooters and basketball players. Those type guys are great roll guys who play hard and hit open shots. If we get some shooters and a star player we will be looking great in a few years.

Washpun can really jump. Hall has some very good skills around the basket. He has a confidence problem or something else. He fouls too much, but maybe he can be coached up. Maymon, what can I say? Golden is much improved. Richardson and Miller have great potential as does McRae if he can be more disciplined. McBee is playing with more confidence and I hope Woolridge can adjust to his new role.

Don't give up on Hall yet, his career is nowhere near over. He had a good game yesterday and I think he has more skills than people realize. He isn't smart and makes dumb decisions, but he plays tough and when he scores early he tends to have good games. He has SERIOUS confidence issues, which Cuonzo and company has to help him get over. They really had him prepared yesterday I thought he played very well. He is a starter and I don't see him losing the position anytime soon. He can score around the basketball and will get more points as the season goes along.

McRae has to play team b-ball. He is playing like Scooter McFadden and Hopson in his first two years. Not thinking before jacking shots. McRae has a lot more athletic ability than Richardson, but is going to have to play smarter than Richardson in order to hold down his starting position.

I agree on not giving up on Hall. He played his best game yesterday and I have a feeling he is going to take off and be a help to us. 8-10pts and 6-7 boards a game is a reasonable expectation for him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Okay, this is to Pimo 1. Maymon, Golden and McCrae are all Bruce Pearl recruits. They all three played last year, and are sophomores this year. I think CM is gonna be a great coach, already proving himself. But give credit to BP for those three.

I love pearl, but what did those three guys do for pearl last year? Maymon couldnt catch the ball last year! McRae should have been redshirted and golden played because we had no one else to play back up PG. Like I said I'm a pearl lover, but CM has got these guys playing like total different players. It's scary how much different these guys look.

Reactions: 1 person
most who were really bad at math and logic thought he would never see the floor. Wes is the only true PG on the whole team thinking he would never see the floor is moronic.

With that out of the way... I am sorry but Maymon and Golden belong to CCM's recruiting class. The 2 guys out on that court this year are not the guys we had last year and the same can be said to some extent about the whole team.

In one off-season CCM seems to have done more player development than some folks did in their whole time here.

It annoys me to no end when people say coach needs to prove he can recruit. What they really mean is they want him to recruit and sign the players they want. That ain't the recipe for success. all he has to do s get the players he can get that fit his system and he will do the rest.

Trust me once he starts cranking out draftees the line will come to him. I personally prefer a coach that can develop his players than one that just brings in guys to shoehorn into his system.

Has anyone even thought about whether or not Stokes would fit this system? He would most likely of course but that is not the point the point is do you mokes even think of that when you salivate over a 4/5 star? Does he fit the system?

Well i think martin is a good coach but why ate you calling people names just cause they want stokes.it never hurts to get 5 star players,just cause pearl just let his teams play without much real coaching.but at one point or otger coach martin needs to get some top talent.unless everyone wants tennessee to be mid tear team.im not saying they cant be good teams but at some point in my life i would like to see vols advance to final four and win the ncaa tournament.

Last edited:
Okay, this is to Pimo 1. Maymon, Golden and McCrae are all Bruce Pearl recruits. They all three played last year, and are sophomores this year. I think CM is gonna be a great coach, already proving himself. But give credit to BP for those three.
He KNOWS CBP recruited them. He is just saying that who they are now and how they are playing is COMPLETELY a CQM development.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back