Cuanzo has amazed me

EaglesVols91

I really thought we were gonna get blown out of Hawaii, but we fought hard and easily could have won either game if a few more things went our way. Still early, but we may be an NCAA Tourny team afterall.

Reactions: 1 person
Great game today. Maymon, what a beast. Not having Hall for the OT period(s) hurt us, as well as Trae trying to do too much. Not knocking Trae but I think the spirit of the game got to him. Over all, I think CQM did a great job and am really looking forward to a great season. These kids and this team deserve it.

I am glad we are so competitive against Duke and Memphis. If we continue to improve we can be an NCAA tourney team. I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves though. Before both games there were schools of thought that both teams were overrated.

I really thought we were gonna get blown out of Hawaii, but we fought hard and easily could have won either game if a few more things went our way. Still early, but we may be an NCAA Tourny team afterall.

We didn't even need a few things to go our way against Memphis. Just one of a few. Hell, we had the last shot in 1OT with the game tied...

Maymon got a good look in 2OT

I was very impressed.

Rotation going forward ?: Just my opinion and observation of the games played
Guards/Wings
Trae Golden G 6-1 209 Pearls recruit
Wes Washpun G 6-1 163 Martins recruit
Josh Richardson G 6-6 186 Martins
Jordan McRae F 6-5 174 Pearls
Cameron Tatum G 6-7 193 Pearls

Forwards/Center
Kenny Hall F 6-9 222 Pearls
Yemi Makanjuola C 6-9 244 Martins
Jeronne Maymon F 6-7 265 Pearls
Dwight Miller F 6-8 240 Martins

My point is : of the 9 in the rotation- 5 were Pearls and
4 are Martins = he can recruit

Reactions: 3 people
If we continue to play and coach at the level we have in Maui than I think we win win enough games (quality and quanity) to weasel our way into the tourney. That's a big if though.

Also let me say I'm not sitting here and saying we're gonna be a 4 seed or anything. I just think if we play at this level all year we might slide in as a 10ish seed.

I am beginning to waiver on coach Martin. If we had won (which we should have) it would gone a long way towards belief that he could general this team. I am not into moral victories. Moral victories are the bread of contentment. You show me a "good loser" and I will show you a loser. There are no points for coming in second.

I am beginning to waiver on coach Martin. If we had won (which we should have) it would gone a long way towards belief that he could general this team. I am not into moral victories. Moral victories are the bread of contentment. You show me a "good loser" and I will show you a loser. There are no points for coming in second.

Considering this team was picked 11th in the SEC and we have played two top 10 teams down to the wire and could have won both games, I think you have to be very encouraged about the remainder of the season. Sometimes, even in defeat, you learn a great deal about your team and program. I think that is the case with these two games. If we play this way consistently this season, we will be fine.

Either you wait and see or are tunnel visioned and your mind is set. Waivering 4 games in and after losses in maui is really silly.
Waivering?

Now I wanna see If he can recruit with the big boys
Me too, but I feel like that his "quiet, strong leader" qualities will impress. That, plus the fact that his discipline and accountabilty dedication are legendary already. Fellas, I think we've got a winner here!!

Last edited:

This is the silliest thing I've read today. And I was also over in the football forum. Congrats.

Seriously? That is your "take-away"?

So Dooley sucks right?

VN Store

Back