Maymon reminds me of...

leevol20

DeJaun Blair from Pitt, now with the San Antonio Spurs.

6' 7" Big man who bangs his way to get rebounds and scores on the block with his physicality.

If he can reach Blair's consistency at Pitt, we will have one hell of a force on our team.

Now I understand why he was so highly rated coming out of HS. He has fully bought into Coach Zo's system and will only get better from here. Opposing teams better gets us early because in a year or so he will have us in the Top Ten.

He reminds me of.....

johnsla02.jpg

1001567.jpg

grandmama.gif

The next generation of Grandmama....ma perhaps?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not seeing the Slay comparison.

Well ... Minus the outside shooting touch. Slay was very opportunistic around the basket. Grabbed a lot of boards and got a lot of putbacks. Tough inside. Maymon played a similar game today.

But you're right, Maymon is no threat on the perimeter. I do like his FT improvement, though.

Well ... Minus the outside shooting touch. Slay was very opportunistic around the basket. Grabbed a lot of boards and got a lot of putbacks. Tough inside. Maymon played a similar game today.

But you're right, Maymon is no threat on the perimeter. I do like his FT improvement, though.

I see what you're saying now.

His improvement in the free throw game is unbelievable. After last year, I wrote Maymon off basically because of his inability at the free throw stripe. He must have worked hard this summer. He has bought in to Coach Martin, and that is a great sign.

Good to see his ability finally coming out.... I guess patience is a true virtue. Seeing him play today is exactly how I saw him play in high school

I like both LJ and Blair comparisons.

He seems to have a a different mindset this year and he's in that in between position that can be so dangerous in college.

The great thing about Maymon is he's only a Junior he's gonna be even better next year!!!!

DeJaun Blair from Pitt, now with the San Antonio Spurs.

6' 7" Big man who bangs his way to get rebounds and scores on the block with his physicality.

If he can reach Blair's consistency at Pitt, we will have one hell of a force on our team.

This is the perfect comparison. Hopefully he's able to have sustained success like Blair had.

Blair is the best comparison to the way Maymon is playing now. His confidence is out the roof now based on his play in the tournament.

VN Store

Back