Last play?

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
What were we trying to do? Get it inside, or try for a three? My volume at work was off so i couldn't hear the ESPN guys talk about it.

IMO we should have been going for a 3 to end it.

Everyone on that island knew we were going to try and get it inside and it looked like that's what we were trying to do.

Mempiss had the inside well defended so why not go to the perimeter for a three?

Poor ending to a well coached game.

What were we trying to do? Get it inside, or try for a three? My volume at work was off so i couldn't hear the ESPN guys talk about it.

Everyone on that island knew we were going to try and get it inside and it looked like that's what we were trying to do.

Mempiss had the inside well defended so why not go to the perimeter for a three?

I don't think getting it to the guy who put the team on his back was a bad move.

Reactions: 2 people
Memphis just played great half court D. They are athletic and it's hard for us to get a shot off in 3 seconds against them. It shouldn't have come to that.

Watch a few more basketball games and you'll understand why we tried to do that.

What game were you watching?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yes, it worked out fine. He got as good a look as you're going to get with .8 seconds left. If you think that was bad, you don't watch much basketball.

yea, not talking about the final play. i'm talking about the 2 inbounds plays with 3 seconds to go. But to your point about Maymons shot at .8, it was a blessing to just get a shot up.

What game were you watching?

on THAT play. Again if you read my first post you'll see that I said everyone (including Mempiss) knew that's where we were going which is why they had it well defended. Under normal circumstances (with at least 8+ secs) that would be that call regardless... but with 3 seconds and where the ball was being inbounded, i think it was in UT's best interest to go for a three.

Yes, it worked out fine. He got as good a look as you're going to get with .8 seconds left. If you think that was bad, you don't watch much basketball.

You think a Maymon 15 footer is a good look? Get the ball to Maymon down low, or to a shooter.

You could see the play was called to shoot the 3, but it was well covered.

Got the ball to Maymon, who made a nice move and put up a good shot. Just didn't go in.

This was light years better than any last chance shot Pearl drew up last year.

I don't know man, I'm no basketball aficionado, but he can barely make a lay up. :dunno: I'm just asking a question. Untangle your panties.

You're right that Maymon getting the ball in that position was not the best choice, but it was all that was available. We were out of timeouts, so we HAD to throw it to someone. I could be wrong, but it didn't look like Maymon was the first choice for that play.

VN Store

Back