Not Bitter About The Loss, But Duke, My GOD

UTVOLSGURU

NEGAVOLS, SUCK MY
I really enjoyed the ballgame tonight, even though we weren't able to pull it out, I saw plenty of positive things and this team is going to be good. I do see a tournament berth and a lot of development is happening, Tennessee is going to be a force to be reckoned with, they have a lot of fight and they will give teams trouble this season.

Now on to Duke, I have always respected Coach K and his program but after tonight's game, I have zero respect. It may not have anything to do with Coach K, but his players are nothing but a bunch of pretty boy, whining ass sell jobs. Those pathetic sell jobs they displayed when contact would be made, and the looks on their faces when Tennessee got rough down in the post. GUESS WHAT DUKE PRETTY BOYS, THAT'S BASKETBALL. Basketball isn't football but my God, the refs couldn't keep their whistles out of their mouths, even when a little brisk bump would occur. I'm afraid NCAA Basketball is turning into the NFL, or the NO FUN LEAGUE. I hope Michigan plays aggressive as hell and blasts Duke, I can't wait to see those pathetic faces when they are getting bumped around tomorrow. Duke can't take it, bunch of pretty boy sissy asses.

GO BIG ORANGE

Reactions: 2 people
As a Duke fan, I am worried about the mental focus of this team. I don't see anyone stepping up to a physical challenge in a late season postseason game. I'm not saying I agree with everything you say, but they are a soft team, I think.

Reactions: 1 person
I really enjoyed the ballgame tonight, even though we weren't able to pull it out, I saw plenty of positive things and this team is going to be good. I do see a tournament berth and a lot of development is happening, Tennessee is going to be a force to be reckoned with, they have a lot of fight and they will give teams trouble this season.

Now on to Duke, I have always respected Coach K and his program but after tonight's game, I have zero respect. It may not have anything to do with Coach K, but his players are nothing but a bunch of pretty boy, whining ass sell jobs. Those pathetic sell jobs they displayed when contact would be made, and the looks on their faces when Tennessee got rough down in the post. GUESS WHAT DUKE PRETTY BOYS, THAT'S BASKETBALL. Basketball isn't football but my God, the refs couldn't keep their whistles out of their mouths, even when a little brisk bump would occur. I'm afraid NCAA Basketball is turning into the NFL, or the NO FUN LEAGUE. I hope Michigan plays aggressive as hell and blasts Duke, I can't wait to see those pathetic faces when they are getting bumped around tomorrow. Duke can't take it, bunch of pretty boy sissy asses.

GO BIG ORANGE

As long as Kentucky and North Carolina are playing Duke will not win it all.

As a Duke fan, I am worried about the mental focus of this team. I don't see anyone stepping up to a physical challenge in a late season postseason game. I'm not saying I agree with everything you say, but they are a soft team, I think.

Tennesseefan07, you a duke fan? Why are you here? Go vols
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
Duke doesn't have the physical presence to assert any type of will over a game. They will live and die by the 3 this season, as they have in the past without a signature post player. They will still win a bunch of games, but it's a team whose ceiling is probably the sweet sixteen, perhaps elite 8.

Duke doesn't have the physical presence to assert any type of will over a game. They will live and die by the 3 this season, as they have in the past without a signature post player. They will still win a bunch of games, but it's a team whose ceiling is probably the sweet sixteen, perhaps elite 8.

This is pretty much true. I would love to see K get a Sullinger type player for a year.

This is pretty much true. I would love to see K get a Sullinger type player for a year.

He will grab one in the next 2 classes. Honestly, it's the typical Coach K cycle after winning a title. Although it was a decent mediocre stretch there for a few years, he normally gears up for title run every 3rd or 4th season, assuming there are no recruiting flops. He doesn't need an All-American post player, he just needs someone who can bang down low, clean the glass, block some shots, and snag about 10-14 points a game on the offensive boards. Might be a little lean on the wing's as well.

The twins are not the answer, I'm afraid.

He will grab one in the next 2 classes. Honestly, it's the typical Coach K cycle after winning a title. Although it was a decent mediocre stretch there for a few years, he normally gears up for title run every 3rd or 4th season, assuming there are no recruiting flops. He doesn't need an All-American post player, he just needs someone who can bang down low, clean the glass, block some shots, and snag about 10-14 points a game on the offensive boards. Might be a little lean on the wing's as well.

The twins are not the answer, I'm afraid.

As far as scheme, they're as good as it gets. I was very, very impressed with their game plan against us. As for the twins, you're right, if Kenny Hall had a set, he could have more than held his own. Unfortunately he doesn't.

whats wrong with supporting a school/coach you like.....ky is now the univesity of cal....and most the nba bound players support him no matter what school he's at.....

Well, you do sound bitter. If UT had won it, with those calls...would you say this? No.

Sorry. Anyway, when Duke plays a good low post team, they'll lose.

GO BIG ORANGE

Sound Bitter

Mason Plumlee is the new Tyler Hansbrough, a sissyass pretty boy who cannot foul but has a constant protective halo and if a player dares breach it the whistle blows.

VN Store

Back