Things that cost us the game

VolsFan4Ever-11

1. Maymon missing 8-10 baskets right at the rim. Can't have that and beat the big boys.

2. Maymon, Tatum, and Jordan's bad decision on shooting the ball.

3. Not making any 3's this game.

4. I'm not going to blame the officials too much because our free throws were what kept us in the game, but the last 7 mins was horrible.

5. All in all, our guys showed great effort out there and I sure as hell am proud of them. We fix those few little mistakes and this team will be a force to be reckoned with by mid season.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree! Maymon was just as aggressive as he needed to be but finished weak at the basket at times. I'm still waiting on Tatum to step up and be the leader he should be. And at times, it looked like we were just settling for shots.

Loved Maymon's aggressiveness and ability to get to the basket, but yep, he has to finish. If he does, he's going to be a force.

And our offense looks pretty bad without Golden. Not a surprise though.

Tatum still looks to be high every time he has the ball in his hands.

Reactions: 1 person
Missed lay ups cost us big

The ever prevalent Duke 6th man made its presence known ever so slightly as well.

Maymon is ten times the player we thought he would be, even if he does miss his bunnies and take a few bad shots

Good effort against a much better team. Maymon has got to finish, he had great looks all night.

Nice to see us hitting free throws, we will win more than a few games shooting it like that.

Gotta hit some 3's, give Duke credit they did a great job guarding the three.

Type of gamet hat gets me very excited about the future.

Also Kenny Hall still looks like he just learned how to play basketball the night before the game. Do not understand that dude.

Reactions: 1 person
I count 13 games that we should win this season. Where do you get the 20 wins? Are we better than I think we are?

We'll go:

0-2 v ky
1-1 v vandy
1-1 v uga
2-0 v sc
1-1 v fla
0-1 v bama
1-0 v aub
1-0 v ark
1-0 v lsu
1-0 v ole miss
1-0 v msu

10-6 or 9-7

How in the **** can someone honestly say that they are a UT fan and UK fan?

How is that?

I love you guys the are still waiting for Tatum to be something other than the inconsistent player he truly is. He's not going to become a "go to guy".

How in the **** can someone honestly say that they are a UT fan and UK fan?

How is that?

Im not a huge UT supporter, but I dont hate them. I root for them occasionally and respect the program.

At least give me some credit...Im not gonna lie when I say I like UK a lot more. Im not gonna pretend like I love UT more.

Oh, and I support OU cause i got some family there (uncle aunt) and spent some time there.

I was wondering the same thing earlier. And just throw Oklahoma in there for good measure.

Dont get me wrong. I do seem odd. Yes, its a bit bandwagon-ish. But I do have connections there. I dont really follow OU a lot, but hey...Im not gonna lie and say I like some random pro team.

I love you guys the are still waiting for Tatum to be something other than the inconsistent player he truly is. He's not going to become a "go to guy".

If he would just play smart with the ball and be a spot up shooter, he could be very valuable, because he can shoot it. Unfortunately he thinks he is Kobe Bryant and likes to dribble for 20 seconds straight and then throw up a bad shot.

I will say he looked infinitely better than he did at the end of last year, but I'm pretty sure that was inevitable considering my parents' cat could have played better than he did.

VN Store

Back