Gentlemen, This Game Can Be a Program Changer

LawVol13

If Tennessee could somehow win, this would be as good a non-conference win since #1 vs #2 matchup with Memphis. It would instill some major confidence from the fans in Martin and his staff. And finally, it would absolutely give us more to sell to recruits. Make no mistake about it, guys; a win in this game would be absolutely huge.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm F'kn excited! First game I've had the chance to watch this year and it's puke. A win tonight would solidify Martin, his staff and this team. Mind you it's only one win, but it's a *5 resume building win. I think this team can do it.

It would be huge, but I'd settle for making them play their best game yet to beat us and then reaming out Michigan in the second game.

Also, can we get an over/under on the number of "this player sucks" and "Cuonzo is garbage" threads tonight. It could get ugly.

As good? Memphis was #1 in the nation and we were #2 when we beat them, plus we had to face them on their HOME court. There was also massive build up for that game, not only in the state but nationally. Two teams from the state of Tennessee ranked 1/ 2 in the nation. Come on man, today's game is big and a win would be very big for confidence, fan support etc. but to say it's as big as the UM / UT game when we were ranked 1/ 2 in the nation is ridiculous.

As good? Memphis was #1 in the nation and we were #2 when we beat them, plus we had to face them on their HOME court. There was also massive build up for that game, not only in the state but nationally. Two teams from the state of Tennessee ranked 1/ 2 in the nation. Come on man, today's game is big and a win would be very big for confidence, fan support etc. but to say it's as big as the UM / UT game when we were ranked 1/ 2 in the nation is ridiculous.

Way to miss the point.

It's Duke though. Just saying Duke is big enough

It's a win/win for UT. If we loose by 15 or 20 well we are rebullding and no one will think the worse of Tennessee basketball. If we keep it close or even pull out a win well LV pretty much summed that up already. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't miss anything there genius. You said it would be as good a win, and it wouldn't even come close.

Yes you did, genius. I'm the one that made the point, and you missed it. Obviously, this isn't as big of a game. But considering Tennessee's current status, this can absolutely have as much if not more of a positive impact on our program. But, nice shot at trying to be a smartass. Too bad you now look like a fool.

that's just for the trolls on here that don't know ---- about basketball.
Ah. If we won by 10 the Pearlofights would be saying it was luck and Pearl would have won by 20.
They are who we thought they were.

Last edited:
I would love a win, but I am not getting my hopes up. Playing against good competition will really help prepare the team for the conference schedule and hopefully the big dance. Anything can happen, though, so GO VOLS.

I think it would be just as big of a win if not bigger than 1 v 2. No offense to Memphis, but their program is no Duke. Besides, at the time we were #2 it's not like we pulled a stunner and beat them. You're expected to give #1 a good game if not beat them, that's why a team is ranked that high in the first place. In tonight's game, we are playing underdogs to a program that's been the cream of the crop of college basketball for the last 15 years. A win tonight would be absolutely huge for this season and the program moving forward.

Yes you did, genius. I'm the one that made the point, and you missed it. Obviously, this isn't as big of a game. But considering Tennessee's current status, this can absolutely have as much if not more of a positive impact on our program. But, nice shot at trying to be a smartass. Too bad you now look like a fool.
Nice job flip flopping on what you said initially. You're good at that. Speaking of looking like a fool, you're the master at it. When people disagree with you or point out obvious flaws in your post, you act like some spoiled little brat. You're laughed at behind your back a LOT, and disliked by many here. I mean seriously dude, read your original post again, and you'll see what I said is true. While you're at it, try and mature a little, you're embarrassing . The end ... GO VOLS

Nice job flip flopping on what you said initially. You're good at that. Speaking of looking like a fool, you're the master at it. When people disagree with you or point out obvious flaws in your post, you act like some spoiled little brat. You're laughed at behind your back a LOT, and disliked by many here. I mean seriously dude, read your original post again, and you'll see what I said is true. While you're at it, try and mature a little, you're embarrassing . The end ... GO VOLS

I flip flopped on exactly nothing. You misinterpreted my post apparently and now are proceeding to act like a total jackass. It's not my fault you fail to comprehend while every other poster that read it understood what I meant. You'd do yourself some good by just shutting up.

That team was already established and the #2 team in the country.. For THIS team to pull off the win against duke would be a bigger upset and give the CCM doubters something to chew on.

Everyone hates Duke, this is the one game we will play this year where basically all of America will be rooting for us

Yes you did, genius. I'm the one that made the point, and you missed it. Obviously, this isn't as big of a game. But considering Tennessee's current status, this can absolutely have as much if not more of a positive impact on our program. But, nice shot at trying to be a smartass. Too bad you now look like a fool.[/QUOTE

Pretty much standard operating procedure for this poster...although he does have some good takes the knee jerk reactions and personal attacks just keep coming. Why can't we just respect each others opinion and agree to disagree sometimes.

That team was already established and the #2 team in the country.. For THIS team to pull off the win against duke would be a bigger upset and give the CCM doubters something to chew on.
Absolutely agree with this, never said it wouldn't be. But a win over a 6th ranked Duke team (which Lawvol said was over ranked in another thread) on a neutral court, does not equate to beating a number 1 team on their home court, especially when that win propelled us to number 1 for the first time in the school's history. It's laughable to think other wise.

VN Store

Back