12pt Underdog

BruinVol

Line is 12. That's a pretty big line for a neutral site game. In comparison Duke was favored by less(11) at home to Belmont. Not much respect from the wise guys on this one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i think it will be a little closer. i say we are within 4 at the half, only to lose by 9.

If we have a shot to win with 7min to go is what I will be happy with. Final scores are misleading in BB. A 5pt game with 3min to go can easily be a 15pt game at the buzzer.

Reactions: 1 person
Is that the first half line? I'd buy that. I would love nothing more than to shock the world today, but if anything Vegas is being friendly to us.

Is that the first half line? I'd buy that. I would love nothing more than to shock the world today, but if anything Vegas is being friendly to us.

12pt number is a darn big number on a neutral site. Without looking that's about what a 3 seed VS a 14 seed would be in the tourney.

I think Duke wins by single digits. Minimal ties and lead changes. I could be completely wrong though. I'll say 70-63 Duke.

What do you got, SDV?

12pt number is a darn big number on a neutral site. Without looking that's about what a 3 seed VS a 14 seed would be in the tourney.

Yup... and Tennessee likely won't even be a 14 seed in the tourney...so it sounds about right.

I don't want this to be considered bashing our team, but with their current inexperience and personnel, they are unlikely to make the NCAA tournament. Doing so would be a very successful season. I hope they do.

Oh yeah, and as I said in another thread, I bet that one of our guys scores at least 30 if we lose, but no one scores more than 16 if we win.

Considering the time our guys have been together as a unit, 12 pts shouldn't be considered a beat down.
This will be a good test for a young squad.
Hoping for an upset, but not surprised if we don't.

Yup... and Tennessee likely won't even be a 14 seed in the tourney...so it sounds about right.

I don't want this to be considered bashing our team, but with their current inexperience and personnel, they are unlikely to make the NCAA tournament. Doing so would be a very successful season. I hope they do.

The point is 12 is big number. Here are some numbers from last year games at a nuetral site.

Uconn vs Bucknell 13pt
Florida vs Santa Clara 13pt
Texas vs Oakland 10pt
ND vs Akron 13pt
Syacuse vs Indiana State 12pt

The point is 12 is big number. Here are some numbers from last year games at a nuetral site.

Uconn vs Bucknell 13pt
Florida vs Santa Clara 13pt
Texas vs Oakland 10pt
ND vs Akron 13pt
Syacuse vs Indiana State 12pt

Point taken. Well done.

At the end of the day, I don't care how much we lose by (if we lose) -- I just want to see guts laying out on the floor at the end.

If I see that, I'm satisfied.

Last year's team couldn't spell "guts."

Vegas hit yesterday right on the number with the late basket giving the Vols the cover. Today's line is 3.5. That's some pretty good respect for the Vols against a Top 10(not for long) team.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back