Flattering comments from coach Pastner

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
"Everyone thinks Tennessee is going to fall off, I told everyone, 'Hey, they still have really good players.' Cuonzo, Coach Martin, can obviously flat out coach, there is no denying that, and he is going to get really good players.

"There's not going to be any drop off at Tennessee; Tennessee is going to be at a very high level as long as Cuonzo is there. Coach (Bruce) Pearl did a great job, and Cuonzo will keep it at a very high level. I think all the Vols fans should know they are in good hands with Cuonzo. Not only is he a really good coach, he's a fantastic human being.''

Jay Bilas, Josh Pastner, have differing views on Vols GoVolsXtra

Interesting.

Coach K: "I'm not a big guy on comparing the guy and his coach (Gene Keady). I'd rather just talk about Cuonzo; he's a damn good coach.''

Last edited:
He is just saying that so if UT beats Memphis (not likely) he could pull the "I told you guys they were good" card.

Coach K: "I'm not a big guy on comparing the guy and his coach (Gene Keady). I'd rather just talk about Cuonzo; he's a damn good coach.''

Pastner calling someone a good coach is like Mickey Douchestone calling someone a good radio personality.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 1 person
ehh. I hope nobody expected him to say CCM sucked. Nice comments, especially the Coach K one! I really like that

Classy statement by Pastner. He went far beyond what he had to say and went out of his way to be complimentary to Coach Martin. I never have disliked him; he seems like a genuinely good guy.

VN Store

Back