What was the attendance for tonights game?

THE SOZ

VFL
I missed the game sadly, but was the arena full medium or low. I'm really hoping that VOL NATION supports this team and staff the way we supported Bruce...

It was scary empty in there......if i wasnt 10.5 hours away and had class i would go......maybe christmas break i can......i hate it that these guys visited UT when the tommy bowl was rocking and then they get here and it sucks. Hopefully thier play will inspire people to come out and support.

The 300 sections were paultry. If our ushers weren't such pricks and everyone that wanted to had come to the lower bowl, they would have been close to empty.

Whats sad is I know for damn sure their is nothing going on in knox tonight, so why in the hell were the students not showing up?

Reactions: 1 person
Whats sad is I know for damn sure their is nothing going on in knox tonight, so why in the hell were the students not showing up?

They have no idea what this team is doing most likely. Its not like when CBP was here and he was buying everyone pizza and standing on table in the caf. When the wins come, so will the attendance. JMO though.

Another reason for students not being there is it is getting pretty close to finals and many final projects are due next week before Thanksgiving. Not making excuses just stating the facts.

They have no idea what this team is doing most likely. Its not like when CBP was here and he was buying everyone pizza and standing on table in the caf. When the wins come, so will the attendance. JMO though.

Well bruce had to build excitment. He told them he had a good product to showcase. The new guy isnt very media friendly and probably couldnt sell crack to a crack head. But hopefully he will win and the kids will see the progress on espn and then come.

Reactions: 2 people
Another reason for students not being there is it is getting pretty close to finals and many final projects are due next week before Thanksgiving. Not making excuses just stating the facts.

Come on man, we're supposed to drop everything we're doing and go to every single athletic event, no matter the reason or circumstance.

Come on man, we're supposed to drop everything we're doing and go to every single athletic event, no matter the reason or circumstance.

Well no, but a student in the student section said earlier that there was a whopping 30 of them.....and Knoxville and the surrounding areas hold well more than the 8k that probably showed up tonight. We havent had this problem that past 6 years..............

I was in 119 and it was SPARSE throughout... pretty quiet.. The most disappointing part is the student section. I swear there were no more than 100 students there. pitiful considering the size of the university.

pretty sad, but there's just not a whole lot of excitement around this team... I hope they can pull off an upset or 2 early in the season to generate some buzz.. If we win, they will come..

Oh well, GBO V,B

Reactions: 1 person
I was in 119 and it was SPARSE throughout... pretty quiet.. The most disappointing part is the student section. I swear there were no more than 100 students there. pitiful considering the size of the university.

pretty sad, but there's just not a whole lot of excitement around this team... I hope they can pull off an upset or 2 early in the season to generate some buzz.. If we win, they will come..

Oh well, GBO V,B

The student section wraps around to section 123. Some of us like to actually watch the game in better seats.

The student section wraps around to section 123. Some of us like to actually watch the game in better seats.

This. I don't think people realize how far the student section extends. There are also 30+ court-side seats as well.

That said, attendance was still pretty poor.

VN Store

Back