ZJC: You were right, and I was wrong.

LawVol13

Dwight Miller just made a move that Kenny Hall will never make. Consider me a fan of his and a fan of Hall sitting.

Dwight Miller just made a move that Kenny Hall will never make. Consider me a fan of his and a fan of Hall sitting.

Yep. Kid is raw, but I see some hope going forward. I'm also intrigued by Richardson. Beginning to think he's going to be a pretty good player for us in time.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. Kid is raw, but I see some hope going forward. I'm also intrigued by Richardson. Beginning to think he's going to be a pretty good player for us in time.

Richardson showed some flashes. I'm pretty excited about him and Miller.

i remember watching Hall get sparing minutes his freshman year, and i thought "this kid plays the game like a man". He rebounded very well and also went strong to the hoop. Not sure what has happened to him, but i feel that its been the lack of a big man mentor on the team. Think, his freshman year, he was influenced by Chism, and he kind of played like him in the post(minus NAILING clutch 3's), but last year he had Williams, and no offense, but he just used his size to get position and thats something Kenny just cant do. Again, JMO, but i feel like that has played a role.

i remember watching Hall get sparing minutes his freshman year, and i thought "this kid plays the game like a man". He rebounded very well and also went strong to the hoop. Not sure what has happened to him, but i feel that its been the lack of a big man mentor on the team. Think, his freshman year, he was influenced by Chism, and he kind of played like him in the post(minus NAILING clutch 3's), but last year he had Williams, and no offense, but he just used his size to get position and thats something Kenny just cant do. Again, JMO, but i feel like that has played a role.

Hall appears to have lost all confidence. He needs to sit and regroup. He's better than what he's playing.

Why is it everybody else's fault but Kenny's? You guys don't think that coach after coach has told him to not bring the ball down low in the post?

I was surprised with Miller handling the ball like that. Hall is becoming a wasted spot on the floor when he is in the game. He is worse than he was as a freshman. Hopefully, Cuonzo can get something out of him but he just doesn't still get it.

Richardson has some potential. He looks like the freshman that is going to help us.

I was surprised with Miller handling the ball like that. Hall is becoming a wasted spot on the floor when he is in the game. He is worse than he was as a freshman. Hopefully, Cuonzo can get something out of him but he just doesn't still get it.

Richardson has some potential. He looks like the freshman that is going to help us.

Agreed. Solid additions, Orange. I'm glad you've decided to not act like a complete ass like knowthevols and his little friend even though you were a Pearl fan. We all can respect that. :hi:

Why is it everybody else's fault but Kenny's? You guys don't think that coach after coach has told him to not bring the ball down low in the post?

Dont mistake what i said for me being sympathetic to Kenny. It is his fault for not being the best player he can be. I was simply saying that most younger players have someone they look up to or see as a better player to imitate and to push them along. IMO he didnt have that last year. Kenny should know that when he gets the ball, he should not put it on the hardwood if at all possible, maybe 1 bounce to get into position to go to the hoop. If he doesnt, thats his fault. I was just throwing that out there to say that maybe it is a reason for a lack of growth.

Agreed. Solid additions, Orange. I'm glad you've decided to not act like a complete ass like knowthevols and his little friend even though you were a Pearl fan. We all can respect that. :hi:

I have always and will continue to defend anyone that coached or played for UT. That doesn't mean I don't think anyone deserves any warranted criticism.

I don't see any point in bringing Pearl up in any comparison to Martin at this point. That is for years down the road when Martin has had plenty of time to get his system and players in place. He is in a tough spot right now. This year will not be easy on him and he seems like a likeable guy. I still cannot believe how soft spoken the big guy is though.

Exactly, I was taught that in middle school. Keep the ball high and tight so the guards can't get it. Hall is bad.

I have always and will continue to defend anyone that coached or played for UT. That doesn't mean I don't think anyone deserves any warranted criticism.

I don't see any point in bringing Pearl up in any comparison to Martin at this point. That is for years down the road when Martin has had plenty of time to get his system and players in place. He is in a tough spot right now. This year will not be easy on him and he seems like a likeable guy. I still cannot believe how soft spoken the big guy is though.

if this is in related to posts in the game thread there was a poster who kept saying pearl was average. i support Martin but Pearl did a lot for our university and not admitting that is just being ungrateful to me.

if this is in related to posts in the game thread there was a poster who kept saying pearl was average. i support Martin but Pearl did a lot for our university and not admitting that is just being ungrateful to me.

I don't think Pearl was average and based on his W-L record he wasn't. X's and O's weren't his best strength, but as a whole, he was a pretty damn good coach to me.

However, I don't think there is any point in bringing him up in any comparison to Martin at this point. He has not come into the best situation. I think Martin deserves some leeway for awhile unless something just horrendous happens.

I don't think Pearl was average and based on his W-L record he wasn't. X's and O's weren't his best strength, but as a whole, he was a pretty damn good coach to me.

However, I don't think there is any point in bringing him up in any comparison to Martin at this point. He has not come into the best situation. I think Martin deserves some leeway for awhile unless something just horrendous happens.

agree

Complete agreement. Let's get behind this team and Martin and hope he can do a great job with our basketball program.

Exactly, I was taught that in middle school. Keep the ball high and tight so the guards can't get it. Hall is bad.

His skills are such that he needs to get rid of the ball in a hurry - either go straight to the rim with it or kick it out. Instead he always wants to put it on the floor...sometimes dribbling while backing his way towards the hole.

Pretty much if Kenny controls the ball for more than 5 seconds the outcome is gonna be bad.

VN Store

Back