I would have Golden running laps until he throws up...

omghulkhands

Coach Martin should make Golden Run laps in the morning, jog around campus after practice and run the treadmill at night.

It really is just unacceptable

This team looks like a bunch of lost puppies without him on the court, we can't afford for him not to be out there at all times. Here is to him developing the stamina for a 4 minute mile

Reactions: 1 person
He needs to because he is the only option at Point guard. He needs to play 25 mins every game.

You point is 100% valid, but I have faith that Washpun will be able to hold his own with some more PT.

I think the reason everyone thinks the offense looks stagnant without Golden, is because he is our #1 scorer at this point. So its not just us losing our PG, but our #1. SO we will always look a little worse without him. I can agree that we DO need to get more out of our post players. I mean when Golden isnt on the court, we cant go 3-4 minutes without scoring. I feel that CCM will come up with something. At this point, hes still figuring out how players act in game situations. JMO

I think the reason everyone thinks the offense looks stagnant without Golden, is because he is our #1 scorer at this point. So its not just us losing our PG, but our #1. SO we will always look a little worse without him. I can agree that we DO need to get more out of our post players. I mean when Golden isnt on the court, we cant go 3-4 minutes without scoring. I feel that CCM will come up with something. At this point, hes still figuring out how players act in game situations. JMO

Nice analysis, we can't even feed the post without Golden in the game either at this juncture

Man y'all need to give these guys a chance to play at least 10 games together before making judgments about this team. Coach Zo is emphasizing the current strengths while developing other options. It cannot be done in 2 games. They are going to take it on the chin occasionally until they figure it out.

Tonight McBee was the backup point and did a decent job. He was much better than Washpun. I think we stagnated tonight because CCM was looking at some different lineups in the first half. At one point he had McBee, Tatum, Miller, Richardson and Woolridge in. Then another time he had the same line up, but with McRae in for Tatum. Can't see either of those being extremely productive. In the second half he mixed the starters up with the freshman, much better and then we played much better.

Don't trash Washburn too much, he was injured last night and didn't see the floor. The kid is just a freshman and I do remember some harsh things said about Golden last year. Give the kid time, he is going to be a good one.

Keep in mind that Trae Golden looked just as lost at thus point last year as Washpun does now. Let's just hope Wes dedicates himself to improving like Golden did this past offseason.

Man y'all need to give these guys a chance to play at least 10 games together before making judgments about this team. Coach Zo is emphasizing the current strengths while developing other options. It cannot be done in 2 games. They are going to take it on the chin occasionally until they figure it out.

Don't trash Washburn too much, he was injured last night and didn't see the floor. The kid is just a freshman and I do remember some harsh things said about Golden last year. Give the kid time, he is going to be a good one.

Keep in mind that Trae Golden looked just as lost at thus point last year as Washpun does now. Let's just hope Wes dedicates himself to improving like Golden did this past offseason.

Nobody is trashing Wes, he will be a fine player, but my point is that there is just no scenario where I am happy with Golden coming out of the game outside injury or pure exhaustion. Nothing against Wes, Golden is just on another level right now

54%: Trae Golden (46 points and assists on 49 points) has played a role in 54 percent of the Volss 177 points through two games (95 points)

Nobody is trashing Wes, he will be a fine player, but my point is that there is just no scenario where I am happy with Golden coming out of the game outside injury or pure exhaustion. Nothing against Wes, Golden is just on another level right now

Agree, and I wasn't accusing you of trashing Wes. Sorry if if came across that way. I was simply bringing to light that a year ago, Trae looked like a deer in the headlights as well. It was more of a general statement than one pointed at anything you said.

Wes just needs a season to adjust to the college level of competition.

I like McBee backing up Golden. Wes isn't ready to play at this level on the offensive side of the floor, although I do feel like his defense is up to par. I think Washpun was a major risk by Cuonzo and absolutely nothing has made me change that opinion after watching him play. Due to his athleticism he could work out, but it's going to take time for him to develop.

I am high on Wes as well, just needs to be eased into playing time. I would make sure he gets extended minutes in all blowouts

I think Richardson will ultimately become the back-up point and wing player on this team. Waspun may develop, but doesn't look ready for that role for now.

VN Store

Back