Season prediction?

VOLtage

This may have already been done, but I couldn't find it anywhere. After one game people seem to be taking a real liking to this team, or at least are more optimistic than what they were a few weeks ago. Out of curiosity what do you think the team will do now that we've sort of seen them play?

I'm still thinking 15-14 right now. I got us splitting games with Georgia and SC, and beating LSU.

18-11 and 7-9 in the SEC. NIT bid. Good defense wins some games they normally would not win.

I thought we would be just above .500 for the season. Now that I've seen a few games, albeit against weak competition, im going to say we finish 18-11. After Pitt we have 5-6 games in which we should be favored. I think that stretch might give the guys some confidence going into SEC play.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

18-11 and 7-9 in the SEC. NIT bid. Good defense wins some games they normally would not win.

I really hope you're right. I just feel like to go 18-11 Hall and Woolridge will really need to step up and be consistent throughout SEC games. I know Woolridge played well last game but can he do that against big named teams?

Last edited:

9-2 in non-conference play?

So we go 5-2 against Duke, Michigan/Memphis, Memphis, Pittsburgh, UConn, CofC, and Oakland?

If we do that, it's highly unlikely that we go 7-9 in SEC play, imo.

This may have already been done, but I couldn't find it anywhere. After one game people seem to be taking a real liking to this team, or at least are more optimistic than what they were a few weeks ago. Out of curiosity what do you think the team will do now that we've sort of seen them play?

I'm still thinking 15-14 right now. I got us splitting games with Georgia and SC, and beating LSU.

Our wins will be (1) UNC Green (2) La. Monroe (3) Austin Peay (4) C of Charleston (5) UNC Ashville (6) ETSU (7) Citadel (8) Chattanooga (9) Auburn (10) Auburn (11) USC (12) USC

I see 12 wins but it is not beyond being possible for us to win 15, if our defense helps us win a few close games.

Just throwing out a guess guys. My thoughts were that defense wins a few more games where the opponent really doesn't have much to go on. No tape from previous years with Coach Zo at UT - just current season games where he tailored the game plan to a specific opponent. Makes it tougher to get a handle on us and the team is all in with Coach. However, since we play our division opponents twice and the east is really tough I figured we would have a worse record in the SEC. After watching UF last night I am a little more optimistic we could sneak one from them.

My rundown of the schedule shows me that we will win at least 13 games, and lose at least 6.
That leaves 11 games that i believe we have a decent chance to win, of those however, i believe we will only be favored in 2 of those 11.
I personally really like this team. I think we are tough and disciplined, just not overly talented (especially in the post on offense). I think we will be stout but will go through scoring droughts, mostly with Trae Golden resting, and may struggle to put up points against some of the tougher opponents.

Overall I believe we will go 18 - 12 (8 -8) which would be a great season IMO and would slip us into the tourney.

18-11 8-8

I agree with this prediction. Not having Hopson and Harris will still be hard to overcome. You can't replace them with what's on the roster. Flip side they will play hard and as long as Golden is playing at the level he is they'll have a shot.

I don't think 18 wins is out of the question. The SEC still isn't that tough overall. KY, Vandy, Florida, and perhaps Alabama are the class of the conference. Otherwise, we have a chance to beat any other teams anywhere. We may even steal a win or two from that group.

I'd guess somewhere around 14 wins.

Right off the top I count 13 probably losses:
Duke (Maui)
Mich/Memphis (Maui)
@ Oakland
@ Charleston
@ Memphis
UConn
UF x2
UK x2
Arky
@ Vandy
@ Bama

My prediction (14 wins) assumes we win most of our games against everyone else. This year and probably next are rebuilding years. Trae Golden had a great game the other night but lets wait a season before annointing him the next Chris Loften or JuJuan Smith. If Martin takes this team to the NITs, he might be SEC Coach of the Year.

better count your games guys, we play 31 regular season games this year. i say 16-15

I'd guess somewhere around 14 wins.

Right off the top I count 13 probably losses:
Duke (Maui)
Mich/Memphis (Maui)
@ Oakland
@ Charleston
@ Memphis
UConn
UF x2
UK x2
Arky
@ Vandy
@ Bama

My prediction (14 wins) assumes we win most of our games against everyone else. This year and probably next are rebuilding years. Trae Golden had a great game the other night but lets wait a season before annointing him the next Chris Loften or JuJuan Smith. If Martin takes this team to the NITs, he might be SEC Coach of the Year.

pitt and u conn ?

Yes, we look better than expected, but I'm predicting 13-17 wins. Pretty sure we can get a decent NIT bid, POSSIBLY NCAA.

VN Store

Back