Some of you are setting yourselves up for misery..

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
We've won 2 games against bad opponents and ive already seen a couple posts about a NC run. Its these people who are going to be calling for CCM's head when the season goes as most knowledgable expect.

See: Football team.

That being said, I am excited about this year and the years ahead. I really hope CCM can get us back to where we were. The night we beat Memphis for the #1 ranking was maybe the best night of my life as a Vol fan (I was only 10 when we won the NC in football)

Reactions: 6 people
nobody with any knowledge will take a NC prediction seriously (and I haven't seen any on here anyway). Making a claim based on a couple of idiotic post is useless.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks for stopping it before it starts...but don't think it is going to help. They have looked good and have a tough schedule to include the SEC. The No. 1 ranking was a night or game I will not forget.

Will have some ups and downs this season and do look for an upset or two but that is because it is basketball.

It should be interesting....

Premature post and pretty uncalled for. Most everyone seems pretty reasonable in this section of the forums. God forbid our fanbase get excited about at least one of our teams/players/coaches.

I think most know what this team is capable of this season. I do feel a little more confident after watching us that we should have the ability to stay competitive with the better teams on on our schedule and we might even be able to steal a game or two.

We've won 1 games against a bad opponent and ive already seen a couple posts about a NC run. Its these people who are going to be calling for CCM's head when the season goes as most knowledgeable expect.

That being said, I am excited about this year and the years ahead. I really hope CCM can get us back to where we were. The night we beat Memphis for the #1 ranking was maybe the best night of my life as a Vol fan (I was only 10 when we won the NC in football)

FYP

I think we have more talent than most thought before the season, i also think we are solid defensively and well coached. all of those things lead me to believe we can surprise some people, but to be honest i still think a NCAA tourney invite would be a great year for the team.

We've won 2 games against bad opponents and ive already seen a couple posts about a NC run. Its these people who are going to be calling for CCM's head when the season goes as most knowledgable expect.

I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding anyone making NC runs... pretty sure you made that up--and, if not, the people that said it were obviously being sarcastic or were drunk at the time of said posting.

You scared me; I thought maybe I had missed a game. They've only played ONE game.

I seriously doubt this team is going to win the NC this year.

That said - I don't think the Final 4 is out of the question. Who knows - a re-match with Duke is a real possibility. Then there'll probably be Kansas and somebody from the Big East. The fact that we're the lone rookie in the F4 field is almost a guarantee that we won't win it all.

Now, the following year and the year after that...once we have the 2012 F4 experience under our belt...I'd say our NC chances improve mightily. We may even go back-to-back.

Great point, OP. Everyone on here is talking Final Four now...oh wait, they're not. And, we've won two games? I must have missed the second one.

Reactions: 1 person
If we don't win a national championship this year, then Dave Hart better fire CCM. That should be the standard for all coaches at UTK, amirite?

Harsh.

Round-of-32 or better and I don't think he'll be on the hot seat next year.

But yeah, one-and-done or missing the Dance altogether....he has to go.

Gah I can't wait to shove that national championship trophy in Memphis and Kentucky fans faces.

Go vols

we have 12 games against the top 18 in this week's AP poll. i don't believe i've seen anyone post that we would be on a nc run this year, or many years ahead. just making the big show would tickle me to death.

I seriously doubt this team is going to win the NC this year.

That said - I don't think the Final 4 is out of the question. Who knows - a re-match with Duke is a real possibility. Then there'll probably be Kansas and somebody from the Big East. The fact that we're the lone rookie in the F4 field is almost a guarantee that we won't win it all.

Now, the following year and the year after that...once we have the 2012 F4 experience under our belt...I'd say our NC chances improve mightily. We may even go back-to-back.

lmao

Seriously man? Who in the world has said anything about a NC run? Most people don't even have us making the tournament.

VN Store

Back