Coach Zo likes to mention coach K

VolFanInHawaii

bob buford jr the third
wouldn't mind coach K v2.0 at our school :) Time will tell.

Cuonzo: Coach K had a losing record after three seasons at Duke, "but he stuck to his guns ... and look at him now."
-Via Wes Rucker.

Cuonzo: Coach K had a losing record after three seasons at Duke, "but he stuck to his guns ... and look at him now."
-Via Wes Rucker.

haha yea i hope CCM goes on to win over 900 games as well. time will tell haha

well, all I can say is that if you're going to have a level that you'd like to aspire to, it's good to set the bar high...

Agree 100%

Just saying thats pretty much as high as the bar goes. That being said I am really excited for CCM and the BBall program. team looks more disciplined and harder working already.

Reactions: 1 person
The No. 1 recruiting class in the country next fall and he'll be on the same track as Coach K.

-Via Wes Rucker.

-Via Wes Rucker.

When I first heard this line, I thought it was a Dooley comparison. Probably fits both cases.

-Via Wes Rucker.

Will Martin get 3 years if he has a losing record???

It's ok if you don't like him. I know what is like to be a fan of a team like the Yankees (I hate them) and the Cowboys (can't stand them).

I just think he acts dirty. After all the years watching basketball and you see how notorious Duke players are for flopping, that has to translate back to coaching. Then you notice all the super competitive games on Dukes schedule (that's not an ACC team) is usually scheduled at a neutral court. He's a terrific coach but acts like a baby.

I can hear some of our fan base now, if we made that hire.
73-59 at Army.
One appearance in the NIT.
Cheap hire.
Wins 17 games first season at Duke and goes to NIT.
Then 10 win and 11 win seasons.
His team has regressed. Have to fire him now before it's too late.

I just think he acts dirty. After all the years watching basketball and you see how notorious Duke players are for flopping, that has to translate back to coaching. Then you notice all the super competitive games on Dukes schedule (that's not an ACC team) is usually scheduled at a neutral court. He's a terrific coach but acts like a baby.

I don't agree at all, but I am a fan of his and a fan of the team so of course I would not agree with you, right? I bet every Vol b-ball fan would take him as our coach... But nevertheless he is the best coach ever.

I don't agree at all, but I am a fan of his and a fan of the team so of course I would not agree with you, right? I bet every Vol b-ball fan would take him as our coach... But nevertheless he is the best coach ever.

I'm going to have to go with John Wooden myself.

his second year on the job and was playing with those kids in that 11 win third season. I think if Coach Martin pulls in the No. 1 class in the country next fall, most TN fans = not all - will cut him more slack than the Duke folks cut Coach K.
I can hear some of our fan base now, if we made that hire.
73-59 at Army.
One appearance in the NIT.
Cheap hire.
Wins 17 games first season at Duke and goes to NIT.
Then 10 win and 11 win seasons.
His team has regressed. Have to fire him now before it's too late.

Reactions: 1 person

They're Duke! That's going to happen. Not to compare UT to Duke but how many big road games has UT played in recently? Under Pearl UT played at Texas, Gonzaga (in Seattle), Kansas, & UConn. In other words, about 1 per year. Duke and Carolina play about 1 big road game per year. This year Duke plays at Temple.

The rest of the big games are pre-season tournaments or like the event last night at MSG.

VN Store

Back