Cuonzo Martin....

driley3

First off, I'll admit I was a CCM doubter, namely because of his lack of a resume/overall splash as a hire. I'll also admit I know a helluva lot more about football, than basketball. But the play tonight really impressed me. Yes, it was a no name opponent, but our perimeter shooting and PG play may just be enough to overshadow our lack of a true center. So... here is my prediction for CCM's first year:

1. We end the season as a top 25 team.
2. We make the NCAA tourney. How deep? Who cares, I'll just be happy with an invite.
3. We beat Bama and Florida. Kentucky, maybe once.

Yes, it is way to early to be predicting this kind of thing with any hope of accuracy. But IMO CCM is going to be the suprise hire out of the cluster**** period around CBP's "exit" and the hamilton "retirement". Last in the SEC? Yea right

I have to agree, and have to admit I am pleasantly surprised thus far and here are 3 things that are going to cause this team to continue to surprise people.

1. A pg playing with a ton of confidence who can score the ball and still distribute.

2. A team that looks like they are already confident in the motion style offense that ccm has implemented.

3. Most importantly a team that has already and going to continue to improve on the defensive end of the floor.

First off, I'll admit I was a CCM doubter, namely because of his lack of a resume/overall splash as a hire. I'll also admit I know a helluva lot more about football, than basketball. But the play tonight really impressed me. Yes, it was a no name opponent, but our perimeter shooting and PG play may just be enough to overshadow our lack of a true center. So... here is my prediction for CCM's first year:

1. We end the season as a top 25 team.
2. We make the NCAA tourney. How deep? Who cares, I'll just be happy with an invite.
3. We beat Bama and Florida. Kentucky, maybe once.

Yes, it is way to early to be predicting this kind of thing with any hope of accuracy. But IMO CCM is going to be the suprise hire out of the cluster**** period around CBP's "exit" and the hamilton "retirement". Last in the SEC? Yea right

One of your predictions may come true... lol

We may get one win out of the 5 games you mentioned if we're lucky. UF has looked absolutely amazing so far and I wish we played UK earlier rather than later. Don't sleep on Bama nor Vandy. Vandy has everything you could want... talent, experience, deep range shooters, athletes, and a Chaingang on the inside.

Isn't it good that the basketball program is all about the team now - instead of the "show" with Pearl? Don't be mistaken, I am glad Pearl came and brought attention and support to the program. However, his antics and lack of player development, conditioning, and half court offense got on my nerves. I actually got to sit down and enjoy a well played game last night. Even in the Elite Eight season I was agitated watching some of the goofy things they did. With Coach Zo we have a disciplined team that is in great physical condition that will only get better as they understand the system and more elite players jump on board. Our boys are being turned into men. Great hire IMO.

we played UNCG not a DUKE .Belmont is the team that look the part last night. Wait to judge this team when the play somebody . Be lucky to get NIT bid the PITT game is going to show what they are

we played UNCG not a DUKE .Belmont is the team that look the part last night. Wait to judge this team when the play somebody . Be lucky to get NIT bid the PITT game is going to show what they are

I can,t argue with your reasoning. Lets hope for the best.

There is no way we beat Vandy, Fla., or UK with the way we have played the last 3 games. Golden is not going to be able to carry this team by continuing to shoot lights out the rest of the season and good teams will severely expose our lack of a front court. Unless Hall can pull it together soon, it won't be pretty. Cameron and Jordan also need to play better for us to be competitive. That being said, I'm very impressed with Woolridge and Golden...especially Renaldo, if he keeps it up, I could see him starting at the 4 soon.

Isn't it good that the basketball program is all about the team now - instead of the "show" with Pearl? Don't be mistaken, I am glad Pearl came and brought attention and support to the program. However, his antics and lack of player development, conditioning, and half court offense got on my nerves. I actually got to sit down and enjoy a well played game last night. Even in the Elite Eight season I was agitated watching some of the goofy things they did. With Coach Zo we have a disciplined team that is in great physical condition that will only get better as they understand the system and more elite players jump on board. Our boys are being turned into men. Great hire IMO.

Let's see if you are still enjoying the "team" when they are down around 40 points to Duke in about a week.

Let's see if you are still enjoying the "team" when they are down around 40 points to Duke in about a week.

You're a joke. Quotation marks? I'm pretty sure I watched a fairly cohesive TEAM play last night. Not saying they are great, or they have a great chance of pulling an upset, but I imagine it will be closer than 40 points. I'm just excited to see a half-court offense that doesn't use the ring around the rosie scheme.

You're a joke. Quotation marks? I'm pretty sure I watched a fairly cohesive TEAM play last night. Not saying they are great, or they have a great chance of pulling an upset, but I imagine it will be closer than 40 points. I'm just excited to see a half-court offense that doesn't use the ring around the rosie scheme.

I just wanted to bring a little perspective. People claiming we finally have a real coach after beating the sisters of the poor is ridiculous. Those same people will be calling for Cuonzo's head after we only win about 14 games.

By saying that we WILL lose to Duke by 40? You're no better than the people already claiming greatness. No one has a clue how we will do in Maui.

Last night's game gave hope to some that we are headed in a good direction.

We will not make the tournament due to having arguably one of the hardest schedules in the country and will probably be 2-3 in 2 weeks. Please do not judge a team based on 1 game against a meaningless team. Tennessee's lack of depth and good interior players will be exploited beginning in the Maui tournament.

Tennessee shot lots out and had many open shots we won't get against better teams.

I like Cuonzo and expect to make the tournament next year. We have a solid base to build around.

By saying that we WILL lose to Duke by 40? You're no better than the people already claiming greatness. No one has a clue how we will do in Maui.

Last night's game gave hope to some that we are headed in a good direction.

Exactly. Does that mean that you are also no better than the people only seeing doom and gloom since in your earlier post you wrote TEAM in all caps and downgraded the previous coaching staffs offense after only one game?

Exactly. Does that mean that you are also no better than the people only seeing doom and gloom since in your earlier post you wrote TEAM in all caps and downgraded the previous coaching staffs offense after only one game?

Go back and watch Pearl's teams against the "sisters of the poor."

It was really nice to not have to hear "During the offseason Bruce Pearl lied to NCAA investigators" 5,000 times.

It was really nice to not have to hear "During the offseason Bruce Pearl lied to NCAA investigators" 5,000 times.

Since we are no longer gonna be on tv as much, we will not have to hear about Tennessee basketball at all.

Since we are no longer gonna be on tv as much, we will not have to hear about Tennessee basketball at all.

That's funny. I just looked at the schedule and there are only two games that won't be on TV. Nice job bringing facts into the discussion...not.

You didn't answer my question.

Which is what? Am I no better than you? Do you see any ridiculous predictions in my posts? I guess my comment could be seen as a degradation of Pearl's offense, but it's the truth. It's pretty clear CCM won't employ such a strategy.

Which is what? Am I no better than you? Do you see any ridiculous predictions in my posts? I guess my comment could be seen as a degradation of Pearl's offense, but it's the truth. It's pretty clear CCM won't employ such a strategy.

Since you are running around my question I will explain it. You said I was no better than the people predicting great success. I then mentioned that earlier you had posted the word TEAM in all caps and then downgraded the previous coaching staff compared to the new one after only this game. I then wondered if that means you are just as "ill-informed" as I am but just on the opposite side of the spectrum. You then proceeded to ignore my question and continued to bash Bruce Pearl. Does that help?

VN Store

Back