CCM looking at Willis

Read online that he has taken visits to Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, and Purdue (where he was formerly committed). After those visits said there is no favorite.

The following is a quote from his father.

“I don’t know if I can trust Coach [Rick] Pitino or Coach [John] Calipari,” Willis said. “Their agenda is more for their benefit than the kid’s. They’re more worried about themselves.”

This may just be me being optimistic, but if CCM can get in there and impress this kid and father, Tennessee could have a shot.

That was just as much his father saying that as Willis himself. I cannot speak for Pitino; however, he went on record and retracted that statement against Cal. Cal has been to see him twice now I think since then and Willis said that his perception on Cal has changed.

Anybody that chooses to play for Coach Cal has a serious character flaw IMO. They know who they are going to play for and decide to do it anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
Is wanting to play in the NBA a character flaw?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is true. The majority of the players that have committed to play for him over the past few years don't have plans of being in school all four years. They have been told they are NBA ready and he churns out draft picks better then the rest.

This is true. The majority of the players that have committed to play for him over the past few years don't have plans of being in school all four years. They have been told they are NBA ready and he churns out draft picks better then the rest.

has nothing to do with him churning out NBA prospects. It's about him recruiting those talented enough. What the NBA is after generally can't be coached.

VN Store

Back