It's a New Season

seaofORANGE22

Eats a lot of peaches
I can't lie I'm getting pretty excited about this year. I have no clue what to expect, but we have some talent that could win us some games. For the first time in the last couple of years we will not have a target on our chest. We will be under the radar, most likely picked to finish 5th in the East.

We have to play with a chip on our shoulder. Not sure who is going to start for us, but here is my amateur 2 deep projection.

PG: Trae Golden/Wes Washpun
SG: Cameron Tatum/Skylar McBee or Josh Richardson
SF: Jordan McRae/Renaldo Woolridge (Could be switched)
PF: Jeronne Maymon/Dwight Miller
C: Kenny Hall/Yemi Makanjuola

Basically, I'm just pumped for the Cuonzo era to begin. Thoughts?

I'm pretty excited, but mostly because I'm more interested to see what happens than I am pumped.

I'm excited to see how Martin gets this team to play. I don't expect great results right away in the W-L column. I just want the team to play hard.

I have a really good feeling that this team is going be very tough down low. Excited to see what Dwight Miller brings.

Yes!!! It's about time!!!!!!!

Hall - I think he starts out in the 5 spot but plays a lot of 4. If he can keep himself in a game, he'll do great. He plays with a lot of energy and can really crash the board. If he can stay away from emotions and play solid defense, I'll be excited!

Tatum - This is Cam's team! He has to play with consistancy and I pray he don't pull the no show on us like he has done. I really think he'll be good in this type of offense. He's explosvie so I think in a motion offense, coming off screens, he'll get to the rim.

McRae - Could be our leading scorer and best player. Hard transition from HS to college so hopefully he's matured. When he gains some confidence, I think we'll be really excited about this kid.

Maymon - I just hope he's worked on his freethrows in the offseason. This monster can get to the freethrow line at will with his large body. People's going to have to foul him to control him in the paint so he HAS to hit those freebies!

Golden - Massive question mark IMO. Running the motion, simplified or not, Golden has an extremely important role. We need a PG who can run the offense and I hope he's matured enough to not get those deer in the headlight looks...

I just think we have some guys who came to Tennessee with the mindset of competing for championships. It doesn't seem that far fetched that we could be pretty good. Bruce Pearl's impact on the court will be missed, but he built a nice brand over the last 6 years. All of these kids coming out of high school were 11 or 12 when Pearl got here. All they know about Tennessee hoops is that they were ballin most of the time. I think Cuonzo has a unique opportunity to keep that going. This could be a pretty fun team to watch.

VN Store

Back