Martin has an early chance to hit a homerun

Shaun1985

We are in the mix for a lot of quality guys in '12. I'm super impressed that some of these recruits are even considering UT at this point when you think about how the guys not even coached a game here yet. The staff looks to be recruiting a lot of top guys in the '13 class too. Really excited about this season to start and see where all this goes.

If Martin could some how get Stokes and Mitchell, he'd please the star gazers and grab some really good post players. Considering we are in the mix for Lucas and Rosburg, he looks to be loading up in the middle (which is something we have been missing). I'd be thrilled with any of these guys. I know Lucas and Rosburg are 3 star recruits but anyone can see these guys can play.

2013 looks to be an even better class. There is some really good four/five star players in state that we'll have to battle Memphis for but who knows?

I'm excited and I hope even the hardcore Pearl fans are at least a bit excited.

The crazy talk hasn't stopped yet. We will not be very good at all this year and more than likely will not make the tournament. I just hope our fans understand that and don't stop supporting the team.

Playing in the NBA(albeit shortly) helps I'm sure

Get used to him recruiting 3 star players as he said during his introductory press conference he wants 4 year guys on his team...His recruiting so far has not impressed me in the least...Got some hard times ahead for UT mens basketball.....GO VOLS

Get used to him recruiting 3 star players as he said during his introductory press conference he wants 4 year guys on his team...His recruiting so far has not impressed me in the least...Got some hard times ahead for UT mens basketball.....GO VOLS

You're not paying attention. We are in the top 3 for a top 10 player and from every account made up so much ground we are now actually a player. That's Jarnell Stokes.

Charles Mitchell and Landen Lucas are top 100 players and are heavily considering Tennessee.

I'd like to see us get a point guard (maybe they believe Chris Jones will be here for 2012-2013), but right now it's looking good.

You're not paying attention.
I'd like to see us get a point guard (maybe they believe Chris Jones will be here for 2012-2013), but right now it's looking good.

Adonis Filer is showing a lot of interest in coming to UT. He's a 6'2 PG out of Indiana. Also top 120 recruit according to Rivals. Decent highlight video and looks to be like a true point guard.

VolinMiami said:

2013 Recruits
- SG Chris Thomas - 5 Star, #2 overall
- PG Allerick Freeman - 5 Star, #4 overall
- PG Johnathan Williams - 5 Star, # 5 overall
- C Austin Nichols - 4 Star, # 7 overall
- C Desmond Ringer - 4 Star, # 12 overall

and that's just who we've offered. Nick King has showed UT interest but we haven't offered him yet and he's the #3 best prospect overall. Three of those kids are from Memphis. Martin aint just going after 3 star players.

Your post shows how truly uninformed and mistaken you are about the situation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You never cease to amaze me.

Adonis Filer is showing a lot of interest in coming to UT. He's a 6'2 PG out of Indiana. Also top 120 recruit according to Rivals. Decent highlight video and looks to be like a true point guard.

2013 Recruits

and that's just who we've offered. Nick King has showed UT interest but we haven't offered him yet and he's the #3 best prospect overall. Three of those kids are from Memphis. Martin aint just going after 3 star players.

Totally forgot about Filer. Ignore my previous post.

You're not paying attention. We are in the top 3 for a top 10 player and from every account made up so much ground we are now actually a player. That's Jarnell Stokes.

Charles Mitchell and Landen Lucas are top 100 players and are heavily considering Tennessee.

Lucas is not top 100. I think he is top 150.

Your post shows how truly uninformed and mistaken you are about the situation.

We shall see...Just watch...And Shaun, Almost every top team out there has offered those top 2013 prospects...And you REALLY believe they are coming to Tennessee??...Seriously?..When is the last time UT landed a top 10 player?...Not to mention with the NCAA decision coming up you think those guys are coming to UT? :clapping:

Strokes isn't coming to UT...He is Kentucky or Memphis bound.

We shall see...Just watch...And Shaun, Almost every top team out there has offered those top 2013 prospects...And you REALLY believe they are coming to Tennessee??...Seriously?..When is the last time UT landed a top 10 player?...Not to mention with the NCAA decision coming up you think those guys are coming to UT? :clapping:

I am hoping this post is sarcasm-laced, but have you ever heard of Tobias Harris or Scotty Hopson?

2013 Recruits

On rivals it shows that we've offered Nick King.

Not Kentucky, not Florida...you mean Arkansas?

But seriously, three of those recruits are Memphis kids and the other two are Georgia (AAU Atlanta Celtic) and North Carolina. Relatively close to Knoxville. I know we've missed out on Memphis kids but its impressive that Stokes is even that high on UT after everything that's happend. Martin must be doing something right. I understand why you'd be optimistic but all three of the in state kids will for sure be lottery picks and instant game changers, even if he can just get one. And if you look at their offer / interest list, it's not as ungodly as you think.

All I was saying is when you look at the recruits we have offered or are interested in, it's not everyone in the country. It's pretty balanced and includes a lot of top guys. Just saying. I know the word on CCM is still out until he coaches a game but so far, he appears to be doing everything right.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back