Big recruiting weekend for Vols basketball

Fingers

This is the most impressive official visitor list in two years according to Griffith.

Jarnell Stokes
Landen Lucas
Adonis Filer

This is the most impressive official visitor list in two years according to Griffith.

Jarnell Stokes
Landen Lucas
Adonis Filer

Nice! I don't know how realistic our expectations should be for this group, but one can always hope.

Is Mitchell coming this weekend or next? Can't remember.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

At least he is getting some players to visit. Hopefully, he can pull Stokes. That would make this recruiting class.

I bet we catch up to Memphis and Arkansas with Stokes based on this visit. May just be temporary, but this weekend and game are gonna be unreal.

Getting Stokes and Lucas would set up your frontcourt for the next 2-3 years.

I bet we catch up to Memphis and Arkansas with Stokes based on this visit. May just be temporary, but this weekend and game are gonna be unreal.

It'd be nice, but I just don't see us really getting into this race. It's a accomplishment just getting him here.

Re stokes, do you go 3 hours away and run and gun? Or do you go 6 hours away and run a disciplined system.
If that's me, its a no brainer. If pelf was there, he wouldn't consider them. If my team is putting up more shots, I should have more chances to score, which is what hs all stars want to do.
Would be the steal of the century by ccm.

It'd be nice, but I just don't see us really getting into this race. It's a accomplishment just getting him here.

He was more than likely a UT commit at one point, so it's not as if we are necessarily starting from scratch.

And, dude, we have a few disagreements, so you run behind my back and call me a "dipsh-t" on another site? Not cool, man.

Filer -
"It was great, I thought it was a real good school," It's one of the top schools I have right now. The people I was surrounded by were real nice. I've never seen anything like it."

We are one of four (along with Clemson, Utah, and Purdue). Early playing time I think will be a big decision and another reason why I think were looking at so many guards. If he don't come to UT, I think he goes to Clemson. His visits to Clemson is this Saturday so we'll see.

Also, instead of starting a new thread, we have another big weekend.

2013 guards Markel Crawford and Demetrius Dyson will visit Knoxville this Saturday.
Crawford is another Melrose PG. Just a three star right now but has offers from UT, Florida, Auburn, and Vandy. Also catching interest from Memphis.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, instead of starting a new thread, we have another big weekend.

2013 guards Markel Crawford and Demetrius Dyson will visit Knoxville this Saturday.
Crawford is another Melrose PG. Just a three star right now but has offers from UT, Florida, Auburn, and Vandy. Also catching interest from Memphis.

Also Austin Nichols is visiting, insidetennessee.com reports. Coach Martin doing a good job of at least getting good bball talent to visit Knoxville.

Also Austin Nichols is visiting, insidetennessee.com reports. Coach Martin doing a good job of at least getting good bball talent to visit Knoxville.

Will be Nichols second visit n the last month I think.

Will be Nichols second visit n the last month I think.

Well he visited the Cincy game back in september so this will be his second visit in almost 2 months. I guess he's really interested in Tennessee. I'd like to have him, good solid all around player.

Filer -
"It was great, I thought it was a real good school," It's one of the top schools I have right now. The people I was surrounded by were real nice. I've never seen anything like it."

We are one of four (along with Clemson, Utah, and Purdue). Early playing time I think will be a big decision and another reason why I think were looking at so many guards. If he don't come to UT, I think he goes to Clemson. His visits to Clemson is this Saturday so we'll see.

Thanks! :hi:

Well he visited the Cincy game back in september so this will be his second visit in almost 2 months. I guess he's really interested in Tennessee. I'd like to have him, good solid all around player.

Well, to be technical, it will be 5 weeks, which is closer to one month than two. But, I wasn't trying to be technical so much as I was saying he will have been here twice in 35 days,meaning he is obviously interested in making UT a potential college choice.

Nichols is about to start getting crazy offers. Already has tons now but I see where Duke talked to him. The big plus is he's big into family and concerned about education and not leaving so quickly. Maybe that's just interview talk but still sounds nice to have a highly rated in state recruit, 6'8-9 big man that moves his feet well, visited twice in the last couple of months, and wants to be somewhere longer than 1 year. Perfect for learning the new offense and sort of puts a foot in the Memphis door.

Nichols is about to start getting crazy offers. Already has tons now but I see where Duke talked to him. The big plus is he's big into family and concerned about education and not leaving so quickly. Maybe that's just interview talk but still sounds nice to have a highly rated in state recruit, 6'8-9 big man that moves his feet well, visited twice in the last couple of months, and wants to be somewhere longer than 1 year. Perfect for learning the new offense and sort of puts a foot in the Memphis door.

He's a good kid. He's really liking Duke right now but grew up a fan of UT as well.

Yeah, looking at some of his interviews he seems to be a very humble young man and he aldo doesn't seem to have a big ego.

VN Store

Back