Lindy's Basketball Preview

whocaresgobobcats

Vomit Free Since 93
Got the magazine today, get's me fired up for college basketball.

They pick Tennessee last in the SEC and claim they "Might be the least talented high-major team in the country."

Martin's got a long road ahead of him, but I can't wait for some basketball!

Don't worry! CCM has out-recruited Murray State and Missouri State for 6'8" players that averaged 8 points against their 5'7" high school competition. We'll be fine within a short time.

I'm tired of all the "hope it works out hires" we make. When Bama was struggling in football and went thru several coaching changes, I told Bama's fans their problem was they wouldn't go out and buy a coach - looking for the cheap way out. Well they did the last time.

I'm tired of all the "hope it works out hires" we make. When Bama was struggling in football and went thru several coaching changes, I told Bama's fans their problem was they wouldn't go out and buy a coach - looking for the cheap way out. Well they did the last time.

That's exactly the kind of hire Bruce Pearl was.

Don't worry! CCM has out-recruited Murray State and Missouri State for 6'8" players that averaged 8 points against their 5'7" high school competition. We'll be fine within a short time.

When Pearl was hired he lost Tyler Smith and Jamont Gordon and ended up signing Ryan Childress, who had signed with him at Milwaukee.

When Pearl was hired he lost Tyler Smith and Jamont Gordon and ended up signing Ryan Childress, who had signed with him at Milwaukee.

He also recruited two busts who wouldn't even have made it into UT this year and had the exact same depleted roster he left for CCM. But facts aren't received too well by many on this site...

He also recruited two busts who wouldn't even have made it into UT this year and had the exact same depleted roster he left for CCM. But facts aren't received too well by many on this site...

Pearlophiles are delusional enough to think Tobias Harris would have turned down first round money to come back if only their hero hadn't been fired.

Pearlophile idiocy 101. Just insane.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Martin didn't have much of a choice!!! Other than the kids who committed to Pearl or the kids who committed to Missouri State, who else, of value, was Martin going to get to committ when he took over the program in March and the NCAA hadn't announced their intentions?
Ware de-committed once Pearl left. Martin was super late in getting realtionships with any 4* or 5* recruits.
Plus, if you were a 4* or 5* recruit would you consider U.T. when you didn't know what their NCAA future was?

I'm not expecting a Final Four run this year. I'm just excited to see the potential of a young team grow.

This was the perfect storm for us, really. Tobias left bc the potential of a NBA lockout and several players that would have turned pro stayed another year in college. Once they stayed, he was as good as gone when his stock rose. Even with that, he didn't make the lottery. He's a great player and glad he was a Vol, but he was a late first rounder if Barnes, Sullengers, and Jones declared. The risk of falling to the 2nd round may have been too great a risk. All said, he made the right decision.

Pearlophiles are delusional enough to think Tobias Harris would have turned down first round money to come back if only their hero hadn't been fired.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Gregg Doyel (who wrote the SEC piece) didn't hold back from bashing Pearl. Said he was a "disgraced" coach.

For UT's "Good News": "Cheating, lying Bruce Pearl got what was coming for him."

And they have Vandy #4 in the country :0

Get to the NCAA Tournament. Do that and this year will be a success.

VN Store

Back