Coach Martin's appearance at Neyland

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
Martin & co. are introduced as the new basketball staff at the UT football season opener 9/3/11.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6shd_PqFsA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I really wish we (fans in attendance) could have given both coaches a better welcome. We clapped and cheered, yes, but it did not seem very sincere nor excited.

I really wish we (fans in attendance) could have given both coaches a better welcome. We clapped and cheered, yes, but it did not seem very sincere nor excited.

Because most know he is just keeping the seat warm! That or they have seen his early recruiting results.

Last edited:

That is because we are not excited
about Martin. The total package (pearl) is gone
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That either sounds like small community Tennessee gossip and slander or a teenager talking....either way....you gotta a laugh. Try, just try, to give the man a chance for oh I dont know maybe two years....if things are sour then pout, take your ball and go home....however, I too am still getting over CBP being gone....

We're a football school. No way around it. I stood and cheered because I'm a fan of UT. But I'm sure there were many who didn't care, didn't hear, or just weren't paying attention.

I cheered for both new coaches and their staffs. Not as much for who they were, but because of who we (Tennessee) are. I still want to believe it means something to be chosen to come here.

Isn't Cuonzo... KWAhN-zo?

It's kind of an unusual name. I guess he can pronounce it however he wants to.

I could be wrong, but I may remember an article saying that people pronounced it as KWAHN-zo when he was playing at Purdue. But they may have been wrong the whole time; who knows? In any case, he definitely goes by KAHN-zo nowadays.

So bad half court, mostly bad half court defense, inability to recruit a poing guard and develop one, terrible player development, the NCAA breathing down our neck, and winning one more game than Jerry Green to make him "so great" is the total package?

So bad half court, mostly bad half court defense, inability to recruit a poing guard and develop one, terrible player development, the NCAA breathing down our neck, and winning one more game than Jerry Green to make him "so great" is the total package?

Butt hee payntd hes chest urnge n handd out free piizuhs n teeshurts 2 da studnts!

Reactions: 1 person

No...but 6 straight tournament appearances, 3 sweet 16 appearances, a nail biting loss in the elite 8 to a powerhouse program, 3 SEC East titles, and a SEC championship is a pretty good package.
But its alright Missouri St. used to suck, and cuonzo made them suck less. :loco:

i like cuonzo. I liked Bruce to. With that said, im glad football has turned the corner to better days so I don't have to dwell on the upcoming struggle our Bball program is about to endure. Welcome to VOLNATION coach and you have my support!!

No...but 6 straight tournament appearances, 3 sweet 16 appearances, a nail biting loss in the elite 8 to a powerhouse program, 3 SEC East titles, and a SEC championship is a pretty good package.
But its alright Missouri St. used to suck, and cuonzo made them suck less. :loco:

And Jerry Green did basically the same thing.

Pearl was a good coach. Not a great one. This job is a better one than when Bruce took over, and that's a huge positive towards Bruce. There's no excuse for UT basketball to be a consistent Top 25 program with basically no NCAA sanctions on us.

Because most know he is just keeping the seat warm! That or they have seen his early recruiting results.

All before the man even coaches a game. Maybe u should take the vol from your username.

Lmao. If that helps you sleep at night. If Cuonzo does all the things you just mentioned minus the violation part and ends up with a similar record I will take it in a heartbeat. Some of you people truly amaze me.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the guy in your sig didn't exactly set the world on fire at LA Tech before he came here and now everybody loves him. Seems to me you're a bit of a hypocrite...

VN Store

Back