The depth chart

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
What you think the depth chart is right now?

PG- Golden/Washpun
SG- Tatum/Richardson
SF- McRae/Chievous
PF- Woolridge/Miller
C- Hall/Miller

I know Martin said he only wanted 8 or 9 players in the rotation.

- I don't think Chievous will play much this year.
- Woolridge won't start. Miller will start at PF.
- Replace Miller with Yemi at backup C spot

so...

PG - Golden/Washpun
SG - McRae/Richardson
SF - Tatum/Woolridge
PF - Miller/Woolridge
C - Hall/Yemi

Last edited:
Left out Maymon

PG - Golden/Washpun
SG - McRae/Tatum
SF - Tatum/Woolridge
PF - Maymon/Miller
C - Hall/Maymon/Yemi

- I don't think Chievous will play much this year.
- Woolridge won't start. Miller will start at PF.
- Replace Miller with Yemi at backup C spot

so...

PG - Golden/Washpun
SG - McRae/Richardson
SF - Tatum/Woolridge
PF - Miller/Woolridge
C - Hall/Yemi

I totally forgot that Maymon was even on the team.

I think Maymon will start. Wouldn't be surprised to see McBee in a few games, maybe around 15 matches in all.

PG - Golden/Washpun or McBee (this is a scary position for us as usual)
SG - McRae/Tatum
SF - Tatum/Woolridge
PF - Hall/Maymon/Miller
C - Miller/Hall/Yemi

There will be a lot of guys playing multiple positions this year.

Hilarious how many people assume McBee wont play. He is the type of player Martin has been winning games with the last 3 years and our roster is very depleted. He will play minutes, without a doubt. And Maymon is not very good but there is no way you can leave him out of the rotation. We just dont have enough bodies to do that.

PG- Golden
SG- McRae
SF-Tatum
PF- Hall
C- Miller

Bench:
Washpun
Maymon
Macanoula (sp?)
Woolridge (in limited minutes)

Gatorade dispenser:
McBee (I honestly think he had some dirt on Pearl and was blackmailing him to get minutes).

Hilarious how many people assume McBee wont play. He is the type of player Martin has been winning games with the last 3 years and our roster is very depleted. He will play minutes, without a doubt. And Maymon is not very good but there is no way you can leave him out of the rotation. We just dont have enough bodies to do that.

You know Martin really stresses defense, right? That significantly diminishes McBee's minutes unless he has drastically improved in the off-season.

A lot of people are putting Miller ahead of Maymon. That's certainly possible, but I really think Maymon will be starting.

You know Martin really stresses defense, right? That significantly diminishes McBee's minutes unless he has drastically improved in the off-season.

Actually, McBee was one of the best 'team defenders' that we had. If the entire team is playing good 'team defense', which Martin will get them to do, then it just helps him that much more. Can he guard a really quick guard 25 feet from the basket in isolation? Nope, not a chance. But if that is all you think defense is about then you need to discuss defense with some good coaches.

Actually, McBee was one of the best 'team defenders' that we had. If the entire team is playing good 'team defense', which Martin will get them to do, then it just helps him that much more. Can he guard a really quick guard 25 feet from the basket in isolation? Nope, not a chance. But if that is all you think defense is about then you need to discuss defense with some good coaches.

Any way you look at it, it's clear that McBee was our worst defender (that played substantial minutes). Aside from not being able to guard anyone, he was an easy target for all the offenses we faced because he gets absolutely destroyed with screens. All in all, I have to disagree with you and say that McBee is almost useless on defense.

We will need Miller and Hall starting in the post for defensive purposes. I think Miller will be a lot like Big Baby from an offensive standpoint, but a more aggressive, quicker defender. Hall has a good and explosive offensive game, he needs the ball more and I definitely expect him to average in low double digits this year.

Even though I am a big Maymon fan since he was a Wisconsin native, I don't think he should be playing.. His garbage offensive game only worked in HS where even he was more athletic than everybody

Reactions: 1 person
PG- Golden
SG- McRae
SF-Tatum
PF- Hall
C- Miller

Bench:
Washpun
Maymon
Macanoula (sp?)
Woolridge (in limited minutes)

Gatorade dispenser:
McBee (I honestly think he had some dirt on Pearl and was blackmailing him to get minutes).

Did you ever go to a game and watch the shoot around
before the tip. I watched McBee nailing three pointers
consistently. He can shoot, but, so far has trouble getting them to go in game situations.

I agree. McBee did hustle, if the rest of the team last year had hustled like him and Steven we would have done a lot better. You cannot coach heart, a player either has it or he doesn't.

VN Store

Back