The Pearl lie: From beginning to end

Thanks for posting; I've always been curious as to what the assistants said, and how it all went down in general.

I knew Pearl was stupid from the get go with this, but my God.

You would think the NCAA had the Zapruder film in their hands. My goodness.
In this case, they did. Then, Pearl acted as if nothing ever happened. It was the equivalent of Conley acting as if JFK wasn't shot in Dallas.

Last edited:
I did love the "this is what I sorta stood for" line myself.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thanks Bruce for the great times and memories. Sorry all this happened. Good bye Bruce! Let's move on! When will it stop?

He panicked, he made terribly stupid decisions, he's gone, move on. This info shouldn't be new news to anyone.

With all the crap going on at Auburn and OSU, the good folks of the NCAA sure did a great job catching Pearl lying about a BBQ. Absolutely pathetic.

You are right. It was absolutely pathetic Pearl continued to lie through this.

Especially given the vagueness of the assts' answers. I had always assumed that one of them told a definitive lie and they decided to all stick with it. I thought the ethics of the situation warranted immediate dismissal, but this shines more light upon the stupidity of Pearl's actions.

I love the end, replacing kids with girls in bikinis.

Bruce should call Lonely Island up and do a remix of I'm On a Boat

"Yeah, that is my place, and yes that's me with Aaron Craft. I just wanted to hang out with the guys before they left and I should not have done that. It was mistake. My apologies."

And Bruce Pearl would still be our coach.

I think that the posters who are acting like this isn't news are silly. This sheds more light on the situation and surely has changed opinions of Pearl & staff. I already lost a good deal of respect for Pearl, I already disliked the guy and was glad that he finally got booted, but after reading this, it's a whole new level.

lol , this whole thing is still alot about nothing!

You're wrong. If I lied to a superior or governing body about an impropriety, no matter how small, I would be fired immediately. Most people would. The majority of the world is held accountable for ethical decisions.

VN Store

Back