Scotty Hopson officially headed overseas...

Honestly, overseas is the only place he is going to make a living playing basketball.

I wonder if he will think hes the best in Europe also ? I bet he walks saying wth was I thinking.

Scotty will play in the NBA at some point.

Until Hopson gets his head out of his ass and realizes that his game needs serious, serious work, he'll never leave Europe. Some of the interviews he had during the draft process almost made me embarrassed he was from Tennessee. He was completely delusional.

Until Hopson gets his head out of his ass and realizes that his game needs serious, serious work, he'll never leave Europe. Some of the interviews he had during the draft process almost made me embarrassed he was from Tennessee. He was completely delusional.

People never ever ever ever learn to do things, do they?

Shocker.

Honestly, his interviews weren't that bad. The guy was just being confident. However the comment from the GM was a bit concerning. In that case I'm sure Scotty's learned his lesson. If Scotty can't "figure it out" playing professional basketball somewhere then he's never going to "figure it out". This is good for Scotty, I wish him the best of luck. I think there's a pretty good chance we'll see Scotty on an NBA roster one day.

Last edited:
You can't expect anyone in the world to get better at doing anything ever. Ever ever ever. That's just stupid.

I see him improving once he's surrounded by superior talent 24/7. Who nows HOW MUCH he will improve, but I see more reason to give him the benefit of the doubt than not. Realistically, he just needs to quality training on his handles and a coach that will bench him if he's not trying. What else is holding him back?

you a scout, or pro baller? just curious which

:disappointed: Ummmm...did you see him play? Let's be real here genius. He is very inconsistent and is not aggressive enough. Considering he didn't get drafted should tell you something. You threw a pretty lame jab there...maybe next time.

I see him improving once he's surrounded by superior talent 24/7. Who nows HOW MUCH he will improve, but I see more reason to give him the benefit of the doubt than not. Realistically, he just needs to quality training on his handles and a coach that will bench him if he's not trying. What else is holding him back?

He's got the talent, but there are some players that just don't have the mental makeup to ever maximize their talent. Scotty strikes me as that type of player. I hope he proves me wrong.

In before the Hopson bashers. This in response to all of the people that have said and will continue to say "he sucks", "made a bad choice", "will never play in the NBA" etc.

I don't get why people ride him so hard. Maybe he didn't live up to the hype and maybe he did make a bad decision by leaving... but if you think he made such an awful life choice, why bag on him so much? To make him feel worse? He chose to come to Tennessee and he seemed like an alright person from everything I've gathered. Granted I never met him, why do people insult the guy just to get their jollies off? Because he didn't live up the hype? So what. He made it farther in the NCAA tournament than 99.9% of the players that ever played here. Other than not being as good as we expected him to be and leaving early, what did he do that was so awful? I for one hope he manages to improve and find his way to the NBA someday. Even if it's just as a role player that gets 5-10 minutes a game. He has the talent but he just never fully utilized it. I see no reason to bag on him for not living up to the hype. You'd think he ran over someone, sold a trunk full of cocaine, fathered 10 children with 10 mothers or stomped on someones face. Oh wait... that's just the people who contributed to the university so it's okay. -- It takes a lot for me to bag on other UT players and I feel sick when I do, but I'm also sick of the Scotty Hopson bashing. Guessing there will be plenty in this thread. Like every Scotty Hopson thread.

VN Store

Back