Scotty Hopson to play in Europe

But I thought he said he was the best player in the NBA draft? Huh. Well, good luck to him then. I hope he finds a team and shows out there.

But I thought he said he was the best player in the NBA draft? Huh. Well, good luck to him then. I hope he finds a team and shows out there.

He thought way more of himself than NBA execs did...I think they disliked his attitude more than anything. Wait, that sounds familiar.

Maybe this will make him realize that he's not an all NBA player or the next coming of MJ.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If the NBA labor issues don't get resolved, a number of NBA players may be joining him.

Shocking....

shocking.jpg

Feel bad for Scotty. Got some horrible advice.

Reality sets in. Too bad he chose to ignore the majority of people who knew he wasn't draft able, instead choosing to believe an agent trying to make an easy buck. He has always acted as though he was much better than he actually is. This life lesson should help him to mature both as a player and more importantly as a person.

I personally would rather get paid to play in europe than stick around here and deal with this mess! There are certainly worse ways to make a living.
Good luck scotty!

A bit ridiculous here. He has no US alternative at this point. Even bona fide NBA types are heading to Europe. Sonny Weems is heading the Lithuania and Deron Williams is off to Turkey.

If anyone ever gets through to Hopson, he has the ability to play in the NBA.

A bit ridiculous here. He has no US alternative at this point. Even bona fide NBA types are heading to Europe. Sonny Weems is heading the Lithuania and Deron Williams is off to Turkey.

I only think Hopson can help Hopson at this point. Maybe someone can help him realize that.

Many comments in this thread really illustrate how we are predominantly a football school. Realistically, if Scotty can improve in a year or two overseas (not saying it will or won't happen), he shouldn't have too much of a problem getting to the NBA.

Positive attitude/confidence/cockiness ≠ ignorance. Some of you are acting like Scotty is a complete idiot. I don't think he meant he was one of the best players in the draft pool. I think he meant he could have ended up being one of the best in hindsight - maybe a season or 2 down the road. In this sense, he was a possible lottery pick in his mind (not agreeing with that lol). I just hate how so many in our fanbase are willing to hate a kid for mostly petty reasons.

Has anyone heard any elaboration on this? I'm not finding a thing outside of this tweet and a few RTs. Not even outside of Twitter.

Feel bad for Scotty. Got some horrible advice.

Yeah but you cannot put some of that blame on him for being as blind as he was. A major part of the game of basketball is dribbling, and that he cannot do

VN Store

Back