Shaq Goodwin

Hard to say..has he narrowed his school list yet?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Memphis are his top 4, and we're kind of on the bubble, although he did say he wanted to visit UT in August and spend some time with the new coaching staff. Long shot at best.

Probably won't end up at Memphis either -- too much young talent there for him to make an immediate impact/get playing time, which I would imagine is his #1 priority.

Probably won't end up at Memphis either -- too much young talent there for him to make an immediate impact/get playing time, which I would imagine is his #1 priority.

Memphis will get him or Jarnell Stokes. Not sure which, but I'd be surprised if they didn't get one of the two.

I think Memphis is in good with him. There may be a lot of young talent in Memphis right now, but his position (PF) is pretty wide open.

Still, there are lots of teams in on Goodwin and his status is really up in the air. UK is getting in on him, as is UCLA who just hired his AAU coach and signed Adams from his AAU team.

His recruitment will be an interesting one to watch.

I think Memphis is in good with him. There may be a lot of young talent in Memphis right now, but his position (PF) is pretty wide open.

Still, there are lots of teams in on Goodwin and his status is really up in the air. UK is getting in on him, as is UCLA who just hired his AAU coach and signed Adams from his AAU team.

His recruitment will be an interesting one to watch.

A lot of the talent is waiting to see what JP does with all this talent....frankly so far it hasnt been impressive....I would say this year he needs to at least have them in the top 15 and a sweet 16 appearance what with the schedule and conference and talent level he has...if he doesnt....and I'm not saying he will or won't.....he will start to struggle with recruiting and job security....but with the Vols we are just starting the process....so I think....may be wrong....Jarnell winds up at Arkansas and the other kid may wind up at Mississippi school or Florida....we wait and see....

He has a couple of offers to play football as well. He said he wants to play both in college. Unless he changes his mind, watch out for those willing to let him play two sports.

Really nice prospect but I would imagine a lot of these guys are longshots until we see what Martin does at this level.

Shaq Goodwin announced this morning that he is considering Bama, Georgia, Florida and Memphis. Still wants to play football and basketball in college. I don't think it's going to happen. Someone needs to tell this kid that the football and basketball seasons overlap by two months.

Shaq Goodwin announced this morning that he is considering Bama, Georgia, Florida and Memphis. Still wants to play football and basketball in college. I don't think it's going to happen. Someone needs to tell this kid that the football and basketball seasons overlap by two months.

Well if he is considering football too, he is not considering Memphis...

Well if he is considering football too, he is not considering Memphis...

We still technically have a football team. I don't know how these dual scholarships work, but I haven't heard of many SEC football players who are allowed by their coaches to play bball.

He is listing football offers from UGA and Memphis only. If I'm not mistaken, if you play football and basketball, you're on a football scholarship. Goodwin plays TE and UGA is not hurting for TE talent, as they just signed Jay Rome. I think Memphis is still afloat in his recruitment.

I still don't think he'll end up playing two sports though.

He is listing football offers from UGA and Memphis only. If I'm not mistaken, if you play football and basketball, you're on a football scholarship. Goodwin plays TE and UGA is not hurting for TE talent, as they just signed Jay Rome. I think Memphis is still afloat in his recruitment.

I still don't think he'll end up playing two sports though.

Yes, the football scholly is the one that counts.

I thought I had seen where UGA and UCLA had both had offers on the table to play both.

Last edited:
Man, if we could get Goodwin in on a football scholly and free up an extra bball scholly in a class like next season... Now that sounds like a heck of a deal for UT if Dooley wants what is best for the University he'll extend an offer yesterday

well, at Memphis he could start for the football team...we need all the help we can get...that COULD be a draw.

UGA got a commitment today from Charles Mann who is very good friends with Shaq Goodwin and he is recruiting him to join him at Georgia. Just an fyi.

VN Store

Back