Scotty Hopson's Eastbay Interview

Rorban

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6KzvGTJYtg[/youtube]

Do you guys think he handled his draft interviews in this same manner? I remember a GM saying he didnt know what planet Scotty lived on but it isnt Earth.

In all, I really wish the best for him and hope he can make a NBA team.

Last edited:
I do too, I just don't see it happening. The NBA almost requires young guys to be at least two dimensional players. I could see him in Europe. But I don't see him in the NBA without some D-league time.

I do too, I just don't see it happening. The NBA almost requires young guys to be at least two dimensional players. I could see him in Europe. But I don't see him in the NBA without some D-league time.

I'm sure there are plenty, but I can't name a single player in the NBA who spent substantial time in the D-league. That can't be good.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm sure there are plenty, but I can't name a single player in the NBA who spent substantial time in the D-league. That can't be good.

CJ Watson?

Aaron Brooks has done fairly well for himself.

I hope he will find a place to latch on to. I wish him the best. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I still believe he should have played another year at UT.

Even Watson played only played a couple months in D-league. That was after spending more than a year in multiple European leagues.

Same for Ibaka

He answers the question and then starts mumbling a bunch of stuff on almost every question. :/

He didn't really go off on any tangents. He answered the questions and had relevant anecdotes sometimes. You can tell this is the kind of ambiance the interviewer was going for. Had he known it was going to be like that, I bet he would have brought gym clothes instead of a suit.

I still really like Hopson. He could have played a bit more consistently, but that can be said of virtually any player. It really disappoints me that people put him down so hard. He's represented this school with pride and class all three years he walked on campus. Very "under-respected" IMO.

I just don't understand why he didn't come back and at least try and up his draft stock for next year. These guys had to know the NBA was gonna lockout anyway, just makes zero sense that he left early. Good luck to him!

I just don't understand why he didn't come back and at least try and up his draft stock for next year. These guys had to know the NBA was gonna lockout anyway, just makes zero sense that he left early. Good luck to him!

Maybe he was struggling academically and decided to leave early. Maybe his family has financial issues and he needed to leave early to help them. That is what Eric Berry did.

Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Dr J, and the all time best player in league history...Horace Grant. Just to name a few

Maybe he was struggling academically and decided to leave early. Maybe his family has financial issues and he needed to leave early to help them. That is what Eric Berry did.

Those factors never contributed to Eric Berry going pro. I don't care if his parents were having a hard time finding work, his family was still well off.

That's exactly why. So many of the best players from this year's class stayed in college because of the lockout. Hopson didn't get drafted, but he still had a higher probability of getting drafted in '11 than '12, strictly because there would be more great players in next year's draft than this year's. By the end of the 2nd round players were getting drafted because teams had to draft players, not because they wanted players. That's how shallow the draft was.

Could be but Berry knew he was a top 5 pick and gonna get paid large. Hopson was hardly on anyones draft board from what I heard. Maybe he can make a team over seas.

VN Store

Back